Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

We really live in a world where people will absolutely not take a vaccine because they claim they "don't know what's in it or what it will do" to them yet they're also WILLINGLY ingesting medicine for horses. HORSES! 2020 broke this country's brain.

We really live in a world where people will absolutely not take a vaccine because they claim they "don't know what's in it or what it will do" to them yet they're also WILLINGLY ingesting medicine for horses. HORSES! 2020 broke this country's brain.
That’s how I feel about the antivaxxers willing to take the Regeneron polyclonal antibodies. Or the remdesivir if they’re admitted.

That’s how I feel about the antivaxxers willing to take the Regeneron polyclonal antibodies. Or the remdesivir if they’re admitted.
Reminds me of an anecdote I saw an ICU doc say about some of his patients. He would ask them why they didn't or wouldn't get the vaccine even after what they've been through in the ICU. He said their response was something along the lines of "I don't know what's in the vaccine or what it might do to me and I need to do more research". The doc responds "I just put 5 different medications in you and you didn't ask me about a single thing about any one of them or do any research on them before you willingly took them". I simply do not understand the hard line that's been drawn in the sand by some people.

One of the things I have heard people grumble about is that Covid is not nearly as bad as the 1918 - 1920 spanish flu which killed more than 50 million people world wide.

Well let's not dismiss Covid is bing not as bad just because there aren't as many deaths. The reason there aren't as many deaths from Covid is because we are better prepared to handle pandemics now than we were 100 years ago.

Masking was not widely known or used worldwide back then and we didn't know how to manage the spread. Hospitals did not have ICU that could handle the sick or put them on ventilators. Not to mention there were not vaccines or treatment options. If you were hospitalized back then you were pretty much just placed on a hospital bed and your survival was "left up to god".

If Covid happened 100 years ago it would have been just as bad. And if the Spanish Flu happened today it wouldn't have nearly been as bad.

So let's not compare apples to oranges and say I'm not worried about covid because "it's not that bad".

One of the things I have heard people grumble about is that Covid is not nearly as bad as the 1918 - 1920 spanish flu which killed more than 50 million people world wide.

Well let's not dismiss Covid is bing not as bad just because there aren't as many deaths. The reason there aren't as many deaths from Covid is because we are better prepared to handle pandemics now than we were 100 years ago.

Masking was not widely known or used worldwide back then and we didn't know how to manage the spread. Hospitals did not have ICU that could handle the sick or put them on ventilators. Not to mention there were not vaccines or treatment options. If you were hospitalized back then you were pretty much just placed on a hospital bed and your survival was "left up to god".

If Covid happened 100 years ago it would have been just as bad. And if the Spanish Flu happened today it wouldn't have nearly been as bad.

So let's not compare apples to oranges and say I'm not worried about covid because "it's not that bad".

Notwithstanding the fact that if Spanish Flu occurred today, we would have a vaccine ready to fight it in 3-4 months, max, most of that being production time, with most countries already having facilities to make it themselves.

A Butler County judge ruled in favor of a woman last week who sought to force a hospital to administer Ivermectin — an animal dewormer that federal regulators have warned against using in COVID-19 patients — to her husband after several weeks in the ICU with the disease.

Butler County Common Pleas Judge Gregory Howard ordered West Chester Hospital, part of the University of Cincinnati network, to treat Jeffrey Smith, 51, with Ivermectin. The order, filed Aug. 23, compels the hospital to provide Smith with 30mg of Ivermectin daily for three weeks.
Julie Smith found Ivermectin on her own and connected with Dr. Fred Wagshul, an Ohio physician who her lawsuit identifies as “one of the foremost experts on using Ivermectin in treating COVID-19.” He prescribed the drug, and the hospital refused to administer it.

What precedent allows a judge to force a doctor to administer a treatment they deem unsafe? This seems like utter nonsense...

And when the man has complications from horse dewormer, or dies... Is the Judge then responsible for malpractice?

What precedent allows a judge to force a doctor to administer a treatment they deem unsafe? This seems like utter nonsense...

And when the man has complications from horse dewormer, or dies... Is the Judge then responsible for malpractice?
Sounds like from the article, it was another doc (snake oil salesman) who prescribed the dewormer and the judge stepped in to make sure the primary doc/hospital administered it. So I think this would be a sticky situation on who would be liable for a resulting death, the prescriber or the guy pushing the plunger on the syringe.

"man I wish COVID were worse, it only killed 4.5million people in a little over a year, since when did humanity get so weak, we need better plagues, just don't make them like they used to"

Last edited:

More on how Florida changed their daily reporting of deaths. With the way Florida is reporting deaths now it will always appear like we are on a downward trajectory. Instead of reporting deaths the day they are confirmed, Florida is reporting them the date of the actual death. It takes time for the death certificates to be issued.

So the past week always looks like it has had fewer deaths than the week before and that we are in a downward trend. And these are the numbers being reported to the CDC.

Florida, then quietly adds the deaths then the deaths certificates come in on the date of the actual death. Creating a spike or upward trend in previous weeks data that once appeared to be on a downward trend.

This change is deceiving and was likely meant to make things look better than they actually are. Most people looking at the data don't notice the change in previous weeks numbers and the downward trend still looks the same week to week.

More on how Florida changed their daily reporting of deaths. With the way Florida is reporting deaths now it will always appear like we are on a downward trajectory. Instead of reporting deaths the day they are confirmed, Florida is reporting them the date of the actual death. It takes time for the death certificates to be issued.

So the past week always looks like it has had fewer deaths than the week before and that we are in a downward trend. And these are the numbers being reported to the CDC.

Florida, then quietly adds the deaths then the deaths certificates come in on the date of the actual death. Creating a spike or upward trend in previous weeks data that once appeared to be on a downward trend.

This change is deceiving and was likely meant to make things look better than they actually are. Most people looking at the data don't notice the change in previous weeks numbers and the downward trend still looks the same week to week.

yeah they're being sued to release daily stats instead of weekly averages

We’re finally coming out of covid restrictions. Things will unwind from 20th of this month and everything, bar masks in shops/public transport, will be gone on 22nd October. So it looks like I’ll be back in the office on 25th October! Weird.

i mean.

hitler's dead. he doesn't want anything.

but.

When hitler was alive, what he wanted was a unified germany. admittedly he had very specific ideas as to what counted as "german". but he wasn't like "and you guys over there, you can't come here". it was more about the "and you guys don't count because you don't exist anymore"

Back