Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

View attachment 109806

We have 17 Covid positive on my unit...out of 39 patients. The one open bed is in my group and probably will be a covid patient.

That will give me 5 in my group of 13 patients.

And the pharmacy is saying we are getting short on Remdesivir.

The one vaccinated patient i know isn't even here for Covid and I don't think we're even treating it. He's asymptomatic and was admitted for something else.
The CDC hasn't been tracking breakthrough infections, I guess because if they don't acknowledge them, they don't exist(?). My gripe since the beginning of this thing is that we don't have any clear surveillance methodology. This is the CDC's job--to create clear surveillance methodology. I used to work doing public health surveillance and we had directives from the CDC on what to do. How in the world do they think we are going to fight this if we can't even accurately report on it? While yes they should report on vaccinated getting covid, obviously the one asymptomatic person should not have been included in this graphic. This is why people are questioning numbers, because everyone is working on a different set of criteria for counting.

The CDC hasn't been tracking breakthrough infections, I guess because if they don't acknowledge them, they don't exist(?). My gripe since the beginning of this thing is that we don't have any clear surveillance methodology. This is the CDC's job--to create clear surveillance methodology. I used to work doing public health surveillance and we had directives from the CDC on what to do. How in the world do they think we are going to fight this if we can't even accurately report on it? While yes they should report on vaccinated getting covid, obviously the one asymptomatic person should not have been included in this graphic. This is why people are questioning numbers, because everyone is working on a different set of criteria for counting.

I'm not sure why the CDC doesn't track breakthrough cases, but my hospital does.

The one vaccinated patient that has covid should be tracked and listed as all the other positive patients, as far as the hospital is concerned , even though he wasn't in for Covid, he still takes more resources (staffing) and PPE than a non-covid patient. Positive is positive.

View attachment 109806

We have 17 Covid positive on my unit...out of 39 patients. The one open bed is in my group and probably will be a covid patient.

That will give me 5 in my group of 13 patients.

And the pharmacy is saying we are getting short on Remdesivir.

The one vaccinated patient i know isn't even here for Covid and I don't think we're even treating it. He's asymptomatic and was admitted for something else.

It’s so sad to see numbers like that when people have a simple way to mitigate that risk. You’d hope seeing this will get others to vaccinate, but I guess unlikely. Maybe a few and that’s a victory in and of itself.

Thanks for what you do. I know it’s not appreciated and respected by everyone based on the varying degrees of selfishness we see out there, but most of us are in awe of the sacrifices you make.

Just to show how different it is up here, my province is now at 86%/77% vaccination rate for 12+ (75%/67% of total population). Quite awesome really, but we're still striving for more and delta is forcing several measures to stay in place. Case loads are creeping up even though it still mostly unvaccinated folks. Delta seems to be a heat seeking missile for the unvaccinated.

I just downloaded my vaccination passport app - starting Sep 1, you need to be vaccinated for various non-essential activities like indoor dining at restaurants, bars, festivals, sports venues, high contact sports and gyms. Essential things like schools and healthcare are exempt. Also regular shopping is exempt, but the indoor mask mandate in public was never lifted. Schools are starting masked in most health units (a few are exempt because the Delta wave hasn't reached them). The whole idea is to avoid shutdowns. Most people are actually onboard, but I'm sure the loud few will make themselves seen and heard.

My father told me tonight that hre resigned from his job over "The Natzis mandating the jab".

There is a CNA I work with contemplating moving to Arkansas so she doesn't have to get the vaccine.

And a nurse threatening to get a lawyer.

While it would make us even more short staffed, I won't miss either.

What’s a lawyer gonna do! 😂 make money off her.

Exactly...just a waste of money.

She had been saying that she didn't want to get the shot because it wasn't fully FDA approved...now she was saying that she wants a religious exemption, when we all know she's not religious at all.

It's just hard to see some people in this field be so adamantly against the vaccine when we see what this does to people - and how quickly you can die from it....as a smoker, she should know that she's even more prone to get sicker if/when she gets it.

The CNA has other immune issues, so I get her hesitation, but moving to Arkansas seems pretty drastic for a slim chance of having a reaction from the vaccine.

The CNA has other immune issues, so I get her hesitation, but moving to Arkansas seems pretty drastic for a slim chance of having a reaction from the vaccine.
So the logic is I am immunocompromised so instead of risking a vaccine I'd rather risk moving my entire livelihood to a place where no one else is vaccinated either.

So the logic is I am immunocompromised so instead of risking a vaccine I'd rather risk moving my entire livelihood to a place where no one else is vaccinated either.

At least that's better than "The vaccine is not actually a vaccine at all. It is gene therapy and you are no longer human after getting it. You are now a lizard person."

Sadly, racism and misinformation have lead many Texas to believe that the surge in COVID right now is being caused by migrants. Hospitals are having to answer questions like this.

Also, here is a post from Facebook that has gone viral. If a restaurant is going to invade their privacy by asking them if they are vaccinated, they feel it is just as absurd and ridiculous and the same thing as asking if the server has (read the post). They don't even compare or make logical sense, but to conservatives it does. Because asking if they are vaccinated is just as bad.

I walked in to a restaurant to have dinner tonight….

Hello.
Hi, table for two, please.

Sure, and your name.

Chelsea

Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?

We do....Can you tell us who our server will be?

Um, looks like Tom will be your server tonight.

Great. Can you show us Tom’s vaccination card?

Um...

And also, can you provide me with proof that Tom is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A or B, or any other communicable diseases?

Um...

Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc, so if you could provide us with Tom’s most recent tox screen, that would be great.

Um... Let me get the manager for you.

That would be great, thanks.

The silly thing is that if you're immunocompromised, it seems the bigger issue is that the vaccine shot is less effective. It's not a problem of increased side effects but of reduced main effects. Hence why many jurisdictions are now recommending a third shot for the immunocompromised.

Yep.

I work with another CNA that is immunocompromized...and she had no issues getting the vaccine that first week we could get it.

And another nurse is on Facebook rambling on about searching multiple doctors to get on ivermectin.

It really makes no sense.

Yep.

I work with another CNA that is immunocompromized...and she had no issues getting the vaccine that first week we could get it.

And another nurse is on Facebook rambling on about searching multiple doctors to get on ivermectin.

It really makes no sense.

Jesus take the wheel

TL;DR is they're shredding their intestines with ivermectin and they think they're shitting out worms

Jesus take the wheel

TL;DR is they're shredding their intestines with ivermectin and they think they're shitting out worms

Yeah...I've read some of that thread. It's crazy....and there is no point in arguing with them, as they just ignore any factual evidence that they are wrong.

It suck that staff will leave because of all this, as we REALLY need them to stay, but nothing will convince them otherwise that these alternative choices are wrong.

I'm all for medical freedoms - but there comes a time when medical interventions outweigh personal freedoms.

(as you can probably guess...all 3 of the staff I've mentioned were Trump supporters....so there's that, too.)

Back