Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

They probably look at it like some kind of anti-biotic. But what's in anti-biotics, Cheryl?!? There is no logic there. It does not exist.

I read an article the other day by a supposed retired MD that was filled with basic terminology confusion, like mixing the concept of an antibody and an antibiotic. Looked like a complete fake tbh. I wish I could find it again, but as you might guess it was promoting ivermectin while denigrating vaccines.

I read an article the other day by a supposed retired MD that was filled with basic terminology confusion, like mixing the concept of an antibody and an antibiotic. Looked like a complete fake tbh. I wish I could find it again, but as you might guess it was promoting ivermectin while denigrating vaccines.
It’s scary stuff. We’ve officially hit the era of the internet where most people are comfortable enough to use it yet don’t have the required perspectives to correctly process the information they come across.

Unfortunately, those that do (millennials and below) seem to get thrusted into a depressive fit of over-stimulation/information overload.

Our school board had a meeting about the mask mandate last night that got canceled because the people who showed up against it weren't wearing masks so they weren't allowed into the building. Now they're trying to look like the victims. What is it about a piece of cloth that makes people so fucking looney?

A viral video of a woman deliberately coughing on masked shoppers at a Nebraska grocery store while laughing and calling them “sheep” has a perhaps-not-altogether-surprising local angle: the woman appears to be from Scottsdale.

It took amateur sleuths just a few days to identify the woman as Janene Hoskovec — a longtime Scottsdale resident, at least according to her social media.

Some local ridiculousness from an anti-mask school board member who recently gained notoriety for these statements when asked about her opposition to protective policies in schools:

"Now, I hope and pray that our kids don't get deathly ill or we don't lose any children, but you know what? That's not my...that's up to God"

"I don't believe this virus or variants or whatever else is gonna go away anytime soon," Crosby told James. "We just gotta suck it up. It's not gonna go away, and need to leave the kids in school, and try to do the best we can with it."

A few days later this happened:

The Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO) on Wednesday announced an investigation into Dorchester District Two (DD2) School Board member Barbara Crosby for possible child endangerment.

According to DCSO, Crosby left her two grandchildren — ages four and nine — in her car during a September 1 board meeting because she was late.

An off-duty deputy reported that he “heard a loud banging coming from the outer front door entrance” around 5:00 p.m. When he opened the door, Crosby reportedly said she was late and that she left the kids in her car.

She told a DD2 security guard the same, and directed him to go watch the kids while she was in the meeting.

Deputies reportedly told Crosby that she could not leave the kids in the car, but she ignored them.

When they went to check out the car, deputies found it parked near the front of the building, still running, with the keys still inside, and all of the doors locked.

Deputies were able to get into the car after the older child unlocked the doors. The kids told deputies that they could not go into the building because they had been exposed to COVID, according to the police report.

The children’s mother picked them up roughly 20 minutes later.

She was not wearing a mask in the board meeting after the COVID exposure link either. Class act whose job is supposed to be doing what is best for the children.

Some local ridiculousness from an anti-mask school board member who recently gained notoriety for these statements when asked about her opposition to protective policies in schools:

"Now, I hope and pray that our kids don't get deathly ill or we don't lose any children, but you know what? That's not my...that's up to God"

"I don't believe this virus or variants or whatever else is gonna go away anytime soon," Crosby told James. "We just gotta suck it up. It's not gonna go away, and need to leave the kids in school, and try to do the best we can with it."

A few days later this happened:

She was not wearing a mask in the board meeting after the COVID exposure link either. Class act whose job is supposed to be doing what is best for the children.
I read a story about a mom who had her children removed from her at the beginning of the pandemic because she did a similar thing. She was an "essential worker" and her apartment was, naturally, very far from her work--she had multiple jobs that were close to each other but not to her house. Her kids would normally go to school/day care, but with everything closed, she could only secure child care part time, so she ended up stashing her kids in her car and going back and checking on them hourly. But this was never going to be sustainable and eventually, someone called the cops on her and they put her kids in foster care. In the article, I read how she was fighting to get her kids back.

What pisses me off the most about this is that this school board member will never get in any real trouble for this transgression. Sure, she'll have to do some sort of child endangerment class put on by the county, but she'll never see jail time and the kids are already back with their mom. This is the double standard. People who can pay for lawyers get out of serious trouble while people who can't afford lawyers have their kids taken away.

What are the guidelines for leaving kids in the car? Asking for a friend.

The answer is "Never". There will always be someone who will call 911. May not happen every time, but your luck can only hold on so long.

When I was working in retail management it was almost a daily occurrence that someone reported a kid left in a car even when it wasn't hot out or any danger. They either wanted us to page the store or call the police.

The answer is "Never". There will always be someone who will call 911. May not happen every time, but your luck can only hold on so long.

When I was working in retail management it was almost a daily occurrence that someone reported a kid left in a car even when it wasn't hot out or any danger. They either wanted us to page the store or call the police.
Interesting as neither NC or MA have any laws against it.

What are the guidelines for leaving kids in the car? Asking for a friend.
If someone believes your child to be at risk, they can call the police for any reason. The police either take the kids with them, or if the parent is there, they will write up the incident and pass it to DCSF. DCFS doesn't need a law to remove your child. The burden is on you to get your child(ren) back. It usually takes 6 to 12 months for a parent's rights to be reinstated. The parent doesn't have to be breaking the law, and these programs are rarely scrutinized since they are doing "what's best for the kids"--except when you remove children from loving parents who are having issues affording things like housing and child care. These programs get extra federal funding when they have children in their system, so they make sure to take their sweet time reuniting parents and kids because they lose funding once they child is placed back with the parent.

With Biden’s announcement of mandating vaccines yesterday, the CEO of my hospital just emailed the employees that we too will be mandating vaccines. Finally.
Honestly, it's about damn time. I can't remember what station my wife had on, but they were talking to some guest about this and I heard "Those of us who have been vaccinated and wearing masks for others have pretty much had enough"................I couldn't agree more.

With Biden’s announcement of mandating vaccines yesterday, the CEO of my hospital just emailed the employees that we too will be mandating vaccines. Finally.
My company won't mandate it, but about 2/3 of us have it and we're pretty much capped at that. We also had at least 12 people in the company get it over the past 1 1/2 years, with two of them being very sick. But wow, just the announcement has the anti-vaxxers here so upset. I just overheard an argument with one guy saying 'there is NO PROOF the vaccine does ANYTHING!'
I guess if a person is going to bury their head in the sand that deep, I can't argue with them.

My company won't mandate it, but about 2/3 of us have it and we're pretty much capped at that. We also had at least 12 people in the company get it over the past 1 1/2 years, with two of them being very sick. But wow, just the announcement has the anti-vaxxers here so upset. I just overheard an argument with one guy saying 'there is NO PROOF the vaccine does ANYTHING!'
I guess if a person is going to bury their head in the sand that deep, I can't argue with them.
I've heard similar arguments. I guess the fact that 90-95% of those hospitalized are unvaccinated means the vaccine is doing nothing? But they just tell you that that's not true and most of those hospitalized are vaccinated, with nothing to back it up.

I've heard similar arguments. I guess the fact that 90-95% of those hospitalized are unvaccinated means the vaccine is doing nothing? But they just tell you that that's not true and most of those hospitalized are vaccinated, with nothing to back it up.
Yep, that's where the stalemate happens. "Most of the hospitalizations are unvaccinated" is countered with "No, I know a nurse and she says that's not true."

Yep, that's where the stalemate happens. "Most of the hospitalizations are unvaccinated" is countered with "No, I know a nurse and she says that's not true."
There were a few outlying reports from somewhere in Europe,. I forget exactly what country, that had a high vaccination rate so most of the hospitalized were vaccinated but the actual number of hospitalizations was miniscule compared to the US. These are the kinds of reports they hang their hat on but lack the critical thinking skills to look ask why.

Back