Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Curious to see if some people actually get the vax now that it's approved or if the goalposts will just move again (not holding my breath)

What I heard NBC report is that 3 out of 10 individuals who are unvaccinated will now get the vaccine that it has been approved.

For 7 out of 10 individuals not currently vaccinated, this approval means nothing.

Just more proof that it's a conspiracy!

In that story I saw on NBC this morning, they showed some lady screaming that you are no longer human after getting the vaccine.

Lot's of nut jobs who believe conspiracies about the vaccine and all the disinformation. Their minds will not be changed by this approval. They will still refuse to get the vaccine.

The 3 out of 10 will probably get the vaccine but not have urgency. The expect to vaccinate them now that the vaccine is approved and easies their worries about is it safe. Not to mention now that the vaccine is approved they can target these people with advertising. But the ceiling of getting people vaccinated from approval and advertising is 3 out of 10. That's the best case scenario.

Whenever I see people tweet out stuff like "me and 5 colleagues went to lunch, all fully vaxxed, wearing masks and 6 feet apart and 100% of us tested positive today" I'm really curious what point they're trying to get across. Are you trying to sway people to get vaxxed or convince a hesitant person their vaccine was worth it, because your anecdotal situation does neither.

Whenever I see people tweet out stuff like "me and 5 colleagues went to lunch, all fully vaxxed, wearing masks and 6 feet apart and 100% of us tested positive today" I'm really curious what point they're trying to get across. Are you trying to sway people to get vaxxed or convince a hesitant person their vaccine was worth it, because your anecdotal situation does neither.
I had a coworker do this recently; their partner works on the COVID floor of a hospital and he recently posted in slack "my partner's COVID patients are 66% likely to be vaccinated." When I pointed out that's purely anecdotal and doesn't really map to the statistics he replied "Just pointing out that she’s around a lot of fully vaxed people that are now pretty sick in the hospital." Sometimes people just want to say stuff just to say it, I guess.

One of my co-workers has COVID.

She was fully vaccinated and started to feel under the weather late last week. Over the weekend she lost her sense of smell and taste. She was like, yup, this has to be covid. Sure enough she tested positive this morning.
I hope she recovers quickly. Are they asking everyone in your office to get tested?

I ordered a fancy home instant results test through work, haven't gotten the actual test strips yet... just the device -_-

I hope she recovers quickly. Are they asking everyone in your office to get tested?

I ordered a fancy home instant results test through work, haven't gotten the actual test strips yet... just the device -_-

No, as we are all still working remotely. No ones back in the office yet.

Major cities saw a decline in rent when people started working remotely and left the cities.

However, now that people are starting to come back to the cities rent are starting to soar and quickly pass pre-covid levels.

For example, much of wall street expects their employees back in the office starting in September. This means many people are being forced to move back into NYC now. And this has resulted in a huge surge in rent in the last couple weeks. Same is true in Miami.

In CA where tech workers are still working remotely rent remains down 20%.

Major cities saw a decline in rent when people started working remotely and left the cities.

However, now that people are starting to come back to the cities rent are starting to soar and quickly pass pre-covid levels.

For example, much of wall street expects their employees back in the office starting in September. This means many people are being forced to move back into NYC now. And this has resulted in a huge surge in rent in the last couple weeks. Same is true in Miami.

In CA where tech workers are still working remotely rent remains down 20%.
Tbh I haven't been keeping up with local rent prices here in Miami but housing didn't even dip appreciably. Maybe a couple of months last year I guess. Otherwise it's been up up up up up

My dad got me a pair of tickets to to see Alanis, Garbage, Liz Phair for July 2020 in Nashville, TN. Covid happened and it got pushed to September 2021. July is out outside the school year and September is not. Nashville is an 8 hour drive. I'm actually fine with still going to visit but am feeling drastically less okay with actually going to the concert. I think he has about $400 tied up in the tickets (meanwhile livenation sold a bunch for $20 cause you know you can die if you go).

Really not sure how to handle this situation. I was entertaining calling a family friend who I know is into the artists to see if she wants the tickets but even then it seems kinda crass.

My dad got me a pair of tickets to to see Alanis, Garbage, Liz Phair for July 2020 in Nashville, TN. Covid happened and it got pushed to September 2021. July is out outside the school year and September is not. Nashville is an 8 hour drive. I'm actually fine with still going to visit but am feeling drastically less okay with actually going to the concert. I think he has about $400 tied up in the tickets (meanwhile livenation sold a bunch for $20 cause you know you can die if you go).

Really not sure how to handle this situation. I was entertaining calling a family friend who I know is into the artists to see if she wants the tickets but even then it seems kinda crass.
Wow, what a stellar line up.
What does it look like in terms of the Delta variant spread in TN? Is it relatively low risk? Is the venue requiring vaccination proof or negative test? What are they doing at the venue to make sure this doesn't become a super spreader event? Is this indoors? Outdoors?

ETA: When was your vaccination done? It looks like Pfizer and Moderna are both lessening in efficacy around the 8 month mark, so you are much better protected within that first 8 months after receiving the second dose. I realize that we are finding viral loads of Delta that are similar in vaccinated and unvaccinated but it seems that being vaccinated has some protection against hospitalization unless you are already at risk (and received your shot over 8 months ago).

Wow, what a stellar line up.
What does it look like in terms of the Delta variant spread in TN? Is it relatively low risk? Is the venue requiring vaccination proof or negative test? What are they doing at the venue to make sure this doesn't become a super spreader event? Is this indoors? Outdoors?

ETA: When was your vaccination done? It looks like Pfizer and Moderna are both lessening in efficacy around the 8 month mark, so you are much better protected within that first 8 months after receiving the second dose. I realize that we are finding viral loads of Delta that are similar in vaccinated and unvaccinated but it seems that being vaccinated has some protection against hospitalization unless you are already at risk (and received your shot over 8 months ago).
TN is a red state and is having red state spread. Bridgestone's policy is basically just words of platitude saying they strongly recommend vaccinations and masking but no enforcement whatsoever. It is very much indoors. It's basically all the bad things.

TN is a red state and is having red state spread. Bridgestone's policy is basically just words of platitude saying they strongly recommend vaccinations and masking but no enforcement whatsoever. It is very much indoors. It's basically all the bad things.
Yuck yuck yuck
Yeah, that's all the bad things. Right now, if you want to go inside a business, you have to show proof of vaccination or a negative covid test in NOLA. If this were outside or this was a vax only event, I would be way more okay with going. It is hard for me to recommend that you go. I don't want my Deborah getting sick.

FB_IMG_1629866391853.jpg

We have 17 Covid positive on my unit...out of 39 patients. The one open bed is in my group and probably will be a covid patient.

That will give me 5 in my group of 13 patients.

And the pharmacy is saying we are getting short on Remdesivir.

The one vaccinated patient i know isn't even here for Covid and I don't think we're even treating it. He's asymptomatic and was admitted for something else.

Back