Neil Young

Jesus, what a year. Favorite Dylan album; it is hard to choose one, but this album musically is off the charts and is incredibly personal to me. Favorite Floyd record; favorite Boss record (along with Nebraska); and two gorgeous NY albums. The title track on Tonight's the Night will always give me chills.
Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti was '75 as well!

Streamed Homegrown twice yesterday, about to go curbside pickup the vinyl from my local shop.

if you had to pick a single or two for this album, what would it be? I love White Line, especially after knowing it from Ragged Glory.
I think Try would have been a likely single - closest to that Harvest sound.

This shipping delay email from Target is disappointing...

Neil Young - Homegrown (Vinyl)
Qty: 1
Estimated Tue, July 7, 2020

I ended up cancelling mine from Amazon (don't think they had the one with the indie print anyway) and ordering from my local shop who got it same day as release

ok, just checked my spam and found this, not much better, but a response nonetheless.

"We haven't received our stock of the Neil Young LP yet, but we're hoping to receive it this week. We'll send you an email with tracking information as soon as your copy ships."
I know a local of mine sold out the day/weekend of release and said more where due this week - that’s now been pushed back by another week. Here hoping you get it soon.

I got mine on Sunday. Let me tell you... It sounds incredible. It really does pay to have a musician who is a scorched earth motherfucker when it comes to caring about the sound quality listeners are getting when purchasing his music. For $22 it’s an absolute steal.
Mine has apparently arrived - can't wait to get home from work and give it a spin.

I got mine on Sunday. Let me tell you... It sounds incredible. It really does pay to have a musician who is a scorched earth motherfucker when it comes to caring about the sound quality listeners are getting when purchasing his music. For $22 it’s an absolute steal.
Ordered mine from Bullmoose as soon as it went live. Received mine last Thursday and agree with you--it sounds so awesome.

I got a shipping delay on the Bob Dylan MoFi One Step I ordered from them...I had to approve the delay. Hoping they don't tell me it's out of stock at some point...was really looking forward to that one and I ordered it at like 5AM the first day of sale hah. A few of my orders have arrived already, I have the MoFi inners arriving today and then waiting on some preorders.

Listening to Homegrown every day still. Love it. If the vinyl sounds as good as you all are saying, I might have to break my vinyl diet for it, though I know if I start collecting Neil I'll go down too long a wormhole.
Not to encourage you, but I finally cleaned and spun mine last night and it really was a noticeable difference on vinyl vs. streaming. Even my wife commented on it, and she typically doesn't notice those differences...

Everything Neil released up through Rust Never Sleeps & Live Rust in '79 (with the exception of Stills-Young Band) is worth owning, IMO. After that, it's very hit-and-miss.

Not to encourage you, but I finally cleaned and spun mine last night and it really was a noticeable difference on vinyl vs. streaming. Even my wife commented on it, and she typically doesn't notice those differences...

Everything Neil released up through Rust Never Sleeps & Live Rust in '79 (with the exception of Stills-Young Band) is worth owning, IMO. After that, it's very hit-and-miss.
Yeah, I was familiar with most of his late 60s to late 70s stuff already, but I've gotten way more into a lot of it recently. Time Fades Away, especially, I can't stop listening to. I'm sure eventually I'll pick up a bunch of that run. Glad to hear the Homegrown vinyl sounds great.

Yeah, I was familiar with most of his late 60s to late 70s stuff already, but I've gotten way more into a lot of it recently. Time Fades Away, especially, I can't stop listening to. I'm sure eventually I'll pick up a bunch of that run. Glad to hear the Homegrown vinyl sounds great.
Very cool - yeah, that post-Harvest era of TFA through Zuma may be his very best. Can't wait to see if Archives Vol. 2 unearths more nuggets from that period.

Hey folks. I didn't know where else to put this, but if you buy Homegrown from Seasick Records, you'll be entered to win a test pressing

NYTP.JPG

I'm not adding much, but wanted to say that I got my copy from Plaid yesterday and have already played it three times. That spoken word part is not working for me at all, but the music is fantastic and the pressing is perfect. What a gift!

I know some people ordered the Neil Young Archive 2 at target. Do we know what will be on the CD set? Very mad I missed the deal

Back