Neil Young

Saw this in the Online Deals thread. Target has Archives Vol. 2 (on CD) posted for $4:

Listening to Homegrown now. The sound of Harvest meets the emptiness of On The Beach. It's amazing to hear this, after reading about it for so long.

Edited to add: Just made it to White Line. The guitar interplay is fantastic.
Listened twice yesterday - what a wonderfully weird album... Florida is jarring... We Don't Smoke It No More is kind of hilarious... Separate Ways and Vacancy are classics.

Streamed Homegrown twice yesterday, about to go curbside pickup the vinyl from my local shop.

if you had to pick a single or two for this album, what would it be? I love White Line, especially after knowing it from Ragged Glory.
Vacancy was great, probably one of my favorites from the album.
My favorites are those two along with Homegrown, We Dont Smoke It No More, and Love is a Rose.

Really tho its fantastic from start to finish, except for Florida.

this album is pretty special

if it had come out in 75 it would've been two top five albums for shakey that year for me:

1. bob dylan - blood on the tracks
2. pink floyd - wish you were here
3. bruce springsteen - born to run
4. neil young - tonight's the night
5. neil young - homegrown

what an amazingly fertile time for his songwriting

I think I would have put this on par with Time Fades Away or Zuma - a great album, but not quite in the tier of his best from the 70s. I think there are a few reasons for that, there's an unfinished feel and it's a little disjointed. But there are a lot of killer tunes and this is a much better album than American Stars 'n Bars for sure.

this album is pretty special

if it had come out in 75 it would've been two top five albums for shakey that year for me:

1. bob dylan - blood on the tracks
2. pink floyd - wish you were here
3. bruce springsteen - born to run
4. neil young - tonight's the night
5. neil young - homegrown

what an amazingly fertile time for his songwriting
Jesus, what a year. Favorite Dylan album; it is hard to choose one, but this album musically is off the charts and is incredibly personal to me. Favorite Floyd record; favorite Boss record (along with Nebraska); and two gorgeous NY albums. The title track on Tonight's the Night will always give me chills.

Back