Neil Young

My Target order for the Archives set was cancelled yesterday. If anyone happens to get this filled with an extra, I'm in need. Much obliged.
Weird. I think you’re the only one so far I’ve seen with a cancelled order :( a lot of people were thinking that theirs went through because a lot of people got charges on their cards yesterday but I believe it’s just a hold on their CCs again. I was reading Target’s policy on that the other day and they essentially place a hold on preorders on your credit card but most credit cards only keep a hold for 30 days. So once the hold expires, they automatically place another hold on it. My order was placed 30 days ago and like clockwork, the hold got placed again for me. I have a strong feeling none of us will get it for that price. It’s been taken off their site now and with how many extras people bought, I don’t see any way that many copies slip through the cracks. Somebody on reddit claimed they bought 12 copies of it so they could flip them all later.

Yes. We'll see what happens with the CD sets.
That's a bummer. Everyone was saying that Homegrown got a ton pressed and would be extremely easy to get but it now seems that a lot of stores and sites can't get copies. Someone above mentioned that a lot of stores haven't gotten their copies in. I'd say maybe check your local to see if they got it in? The album is awesome. Sad that yours got cancelled but hoping you're able to get it elsewhere!

That's a bummer. Everyone was saying that Homegrown got a ton pressed and would be extremely easy to get but it now seems that a lot of stores and sites can't get copies. Someone above mentioned that a lot of stores haven't gotten their copies in. I'd say maybe check your local to see if they got it in? The album is awesome. Sad that yours got cancelled but hoping you're able to get it elsewhere!
Gonna check with my locals for sure.

Same price shipped on AMZ (backordered)
I show it at $41 + shipping on amazon through a third seller. And nothing cheaper now. Whether it was distribution issues or it’s selling out now, it’s Discogs price is rising and people are having a hard time finding it. If you really want it, seems like Greedy Hands is the best bet.

I show it at $41 + shipping on amazon through a third seller. And nothing cheaper now. Whether it was distribution issues or it’s selling out now, it’s Discogs price is rising and people are having a hard time finding it. If you really want it, seems like Greedy Hands is the best bet.
It's reminding me of the Dylan Blood on the Tracks Test Press RSD record...there were a lot of copies of that (granted I think there are even more copies of Homegrown) but it became impossible to find really quickly. People said this one would be around for a long time and super easy to find but that's proving to be difficult.

It's reminding me of the Dylan Blood on the Tracks Test Press RSD record...there were a lot of copies of that (granted I think there are even more copies of Homegrown) but it became impossible to find really quickly. People said this one would be around for a long time and super easy to find but that's proving to be difficult.
Distribution was fucked before COVID. COVID made it worse. This one did have a large press, but I think people slept on it. It also doesn’t help that the release was weird. It’s rsd, it’s not record store day. Nya may be the only place I officially saw that it was a one time press. People hear it’s really good and then go out to get it... bam. Prices rise, it starts disappearing. Hell my local’s listing says they’re awaiting a repress... um.

Distribution was fucked before COVID. COVID made it worse. This one did have a large press, but I think people slept on it. It also doesn’t help that the release was weird. It’s rsd, it’s not record store day. Nya may be the only place I officially saw that it was a one time press. People hear it’s really good and then go out to get it... bam. Prices rise, it starts disappearing. Hell my local’s listing says they’re awaiting a repress... um.
Are there multiple versions of this record? I got mine from an earlier Target sale, black vinyl with custom inner sleeve, no additional artwork and nothing to suggest it's limited. I know there also is an RSD exclusive, limited to 15,000 I believe--I think it has a print of the cover art inserted. Is this the one being sought here, or is everything sold out?

Are there multiple versions of this record? I got mine from an earlier Target sale, black vinyl with custom inner sleeve, no additional artwork and nothing to suggest it's limited. I know there also is an RSD exclusive, limited to 15,000 I believe. Is this the one being sought here, or is everything sold out?
There is no RSD exclusive anymore. That's what you got. It was shifted to an indie exclusive instead of RSD and released earlier.

Uh, shit. I've been on a diet since around quarantine started and hadn't read anywhere that there wasn't a regular, non-limited pressing of this. Fuck.

Uh, shit. I've been on a diet since around quarantine started and hadn't read anywhere that there wasn't a regular, non-limited pressing of this. Fuck.
I mean we are talking about Shakey and Warner’s for gods sake. Who knows. I also don’t think it was supposed to come out on CD but there it is on his store front.

Back