Neil Young

Picked up 'Homegrown' yesterday, and apart from "Florida" it's a keeper. Not sure why some are so disappointed, though I'm sure inflated expectations have something to do with it.

FYI, the latest episode of Neil's 'Fireside Sessions' has been uploaded to the Archives site. This one is the "Porch Episode", and includes versions of "Alabama", "Campaigner", "Ohio", a cover of "The Times They are a Changin", and other gems. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Picked up 'Homegrown' yesterday, and apart from "Florida" it's a keeper. Not sure why some are so disappointed, though I'm sure inflated expectations have something to do with it.

FYI, the latest episode of Neil's 'Fireside Sessions' has been uploaded to the Archives site. This one is the "Porch Episode", and includes versions of "Alabama", "Campaigner", "Ohio", a cover of "The Times They are a Changin", and other gems. Enjoy.

People are disappointed with Homegrown?!? WTH... 🤦‍♂️

Related: Jeff Tweedy did a pretty great rendition of "Try" on Monday's Tweedy Show stream.

People are disappointed with Homegrown?!? WTH... 🤦‍♂️

Related: Jeff Tweedy did a pretty great rendition of "Try" on Monday's Tweedy Show stream.
Just watched that after you mentioned the cover. Fantastic.

I can't imagine being disappointed with Homegrown. "Florida" is a bit strange, and the title track is a bit hokey but the whole thing just flows. "White Line" is incredible, and it just has amazing guitar tone and harp from Neil, lovely lead by Robbie. The full band tracks also slay. It's so great. I've listened almost every day since its release, haha.

On an unrelated note, re-stumbled across this show last night on YouTube.

This is my favourite performance for a couple reasons: underrated Neil song and the perfect physical comedy and timing of the second half.

Anyone else who ordered Homegrown from an indie retailer not received theirs yet? I'm being told a lot of places didn't receive their shipments, hence why I don't have my copy yet.

Back