Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wanna see video of @Joe Mac river dancing, preferably after wolfing down a pizza.

My mum used to send me to Irish dancing lessons when I was very young. Irish people living outside of Ireland get super patriotic and wistful for home. Lets just say I was not very good, not very interested and had soon filled that particular night of the week with a football team...

The important thing is that it's an album you love and that you want to give a spotlight to. I went through several albums before landing on the one I knew I wanted to be my AOTM. Without giving too much away (I certainly don't need to be giving ample info to the sleuths out here), the record I've chosen is one that left an impact on me that others may not take away from it all, which is a risk all of us are taking in curating an album for a group of people with such a wide array of tastes/backgrounds/etc. Everyone knows I have a lot of anxiety going into my month. I'm worried people will have a strong distaste for my choice. I'm worried about the record going out of stock. I'm worried it will be a disappointing pick. I'm worried my thread won't be exciting or interesting. I'm worried my record is too well-known. But at this point, for better or worse, I'm committed and I've been reassured that everything will be fine. Of course, anxious personalities like us will always find something to worry about, but just go with what you love and be honest with yourself. You're awesome, and whatever you pick will be awesome. Positive squiggles, dukey ~~~~~~
Thanks for the heap of clues!

Listened to the first Gloaming yesterday.
I really liked it, today I'll be digging into 2.
I went in completely blind and I had no idea what it would sound like.
Another great pick!

I’ll be interested to see what you think after listening to them in order. I hear a definite evolution in their sound with each album!

I’ll be interested to see what you think after listening to them in order. I hear a definite evolution in their sound with each album!
I listened to them in reverse order for some odd reason. Lol. And it soothed me to sleep (that is not commentary on the quality of the music, that is commentary on the quality of my health at the moment). I shall do it in the more logical order today.

Back