Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just bought all three Gloaming albums to cover all bases ;)
I was actually gonna ask @Joe Mac if there is a bundle or box set he knew of out there? Because this is an artist I definitely want to be a completionist about. Well done, Joe! I don't have a lot of those anymore and you've introduced me to one that I know within a week will be a complete set or nothing for me!

I was actually gonna ask @Joe Mac if there is a bundle or box set he knew of out there? Because this is an artist I definitely want to be a completionist about. Well done, Joe! I don't have a lot of those anymore and you've introduced me to one that I know within a week will be a complete set or nothing for me!

not that I know of sorry! I know that over here the best prices for all three are on the bands bandcamp. From my research for the us releases I think that the likes of rarewaves on us amazon had the best prices for all 3 individually.

not that I know of sorry! I know that over here the best prices for all three are on the bands bandcamp. From my research for the us releases I think that the likes of rarewaves on us amazon had the best prices for all 3 individually.
Well the holidays are right around the corner, so perhaps this will go on the wish list. :)

I’ll be interested to see what you think after listening to them in order. I hear a definite evolution in their sound with each album!
Second album is done.
Lovely, absolutely lovely.
I can't talk about the evolution of their sound as I know nothing about Irish music and I have no frame of reference. What I can give you is my gut reaction to the music. It's very moving, the instrumental tracks give me a sense of hopefulness. Where there are vocals the singing is so wistful, to the point that I teared up on Casadh an tSúgáin and didn't even know what he was singing about.
Now I figuring out how to get these records.

Second album is done.
I can't talk about the evolution of their sound as I know nothing about Irish music and I have no frame of reference. What I can give you is my gut reaction to the music. It's very moving, the instrumental tracks give me a sense of hopefulness. Where there are vocals the singing is so wistful, to the point that I teared up on Casadh an tSúgáin and didn't even know what he was singing about.

if you order them from bandcamp it’s €100ish inc postage to Brazil for all 4. It’s likely to be Royal Mail to Brazilian Post though so it will probably take a decade and I seem to remember that you don’t trust your local post...

if you order them from bandcamp it’s €100ish inc postage to Brazil for all 4. It’s likely to be Royal Mail to Brazilian Post though so it will probably take a decade and I seem to remember that you don’t trust your local post...
I don't trust the local post with untracked packages. Packages with proper tracking get here in 2 weeks.
I sent a message over on their Bandcamp page to find out if they ship with tracking.
I checked for availability on Amazon UK but they recently switched couriers to Brazil and it's become a shit show, so I'm avoiding them.

Second album is done.

also with the vocals I agree completely. Not being a Gaeilgeoir myself I’m equally clueless but his vocals to have a sort of elemental force to them. He sings using an ancient Irish technique from the gaeltacht regions known as sean nos. Here’s a bit about the technique.

also with the vocals I agree completely. Not being a Gaeilgeoir myself I’m equally clueless but his vocals to have a sort of elemental force to them. He sings using an ancient Irish technique from the gaeltacht regions known as sean nos. Here’s a bit about the technique.

Very interesting.
I love that this is another N&G AotM pick that highlights a different singing technique.

It looks like Amazon Spain has some of The Gloaming 2. I should have ordered from them because the quality of vinyl I have gotten from that amazon branch has been far superior to what the US amazon has provided me/

A lot of that depends on the label and who they use to press their albums. The Gloaming are on Real World over here and Brassland over there, Real World pressings can vary a bit, but the ones I have for these are pretty good.

I always counsel to avoid amazon wherever possible but this time is easy because if you do want to buy from Europe rather than America the cheapest price I’ve found for all of their albums is on the bands own bandcamp.

This is more for future reference, if you’re only in for one I counsel waiting for the announcement!

A lot of that depends on the label and who they use to press their albums. The Gloaming are on Real World over here and Brassland over there, Real World pressings can vary a bit, but the ones I have for these are pretty good.

I always counsel to avoid amazon wherever possible but this time is easy because if you do want to buy from Europe rather than America the cheapest price I’ve found for all of their albums is on the bands own bandcamp.

This is more for future reference, if you’re only in for one I counsel waiting for the announcement!
sadly you have to use amazon if you are into the US.. the brassland pressings are just nonexistent

Bonus second clue of the day because I’m bored in work!

This album is not in the English language.

Had this thread gone to plan that clue was supposed to make all of your jaws drop haha!
BTW

Did your early clue - the one along lines of Ive put this album in the “what’s spinning” thread narrow down a lot more than you realised? If so ....schoolboy error 😉

Back