Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
First pic is Blarney Castle in County Cork.

I think.
Second pic is of the Cliffs of Moher.

I think.
Third is Naulakha (Rudyard Kipling House) in Vermont, USA (link)
Fourth is Dingle Bay in the County of Kerry in Ireland (link)
Fifth is the Dalkey Island, still in Ireland (link)

(thank you Google)

haha well done!

Blarney Castle, County Cork
Cliffs of Moher, County Clare
Naulakha, Vermont, USA
Dingle Bay, County Cork
Martello Tower (a series were built along the east coast to stop you mad French invading in the Napoleonic era) on Dalkey Island, County Dublin

What could all this mean 🤔🤔🤔

😂😂😂

Martello Tower (a series were built along the east coast to stop you mad French invading in the Napoleonic era) on Dalkey Island, County Dublin

What could all this mean 🤔🤔🤔

😂😂😂

You mean these towers were built to BLOC the Napoleon army to invade and have a huge PARTY on the the Dalkey Island near Dublin? What could that mean....

Also please accept my apologies for the photoshopping that must have been applied to those photos. They’ve clearly edited out the pissing rain in the hope that you potential tourists think we have some nice weather from time to time...

I disagree. At least when my wife and I visited several years ago, it hardly rained at all! Lucky, I guess, and I'm not even Irish!

This is in Northern Ireland, even found a rainbow!
20130513-IMG_1488.jpg

Cliffs of Moher, a different perspective. Windy AF. People were falling over from wind gusts.
20130514-DSCF0980.jpg

This is a beach near Dingle. Very calm that morning with very few people on the beach. This is one of my favorite shots for that trip.
20130517-IMG_1928.jpg

I disagree. At least when my wife and I visited several years ago, it hardly rained at all! Lucky, I guess, and I'm not even Irish!

This is in Northern Ireland, even found a rainbow!
View attachment 21969

Cliffs of Moher, a different perspective. Windy AF. People were falling over from wind gusts.
View attachment 21970

This is a beach near Dingle. Very calm that morning with very few people on the beach. This is one of my favorite shots for that trip.
View attachment 21971

Lucky bugger. Ive been drenched at least twice every day this week and four times on thursday and I live on the "sunny" east coast. Its not even proper winter yet! Last time i was around there in Clare, stayed in Lahinch and had the mandatory trips to the cliffs, i had to explain to people that I hadn't been abroad and it wasn't sunburn, it was wind exposure!

looks like i got to listen to everything by the gloaming to see if i want that

if not i will go with one of the swaps like oasis

looks like i got to listen to everything by the gloaming to see if i want that

if not i will go with one of the swaps like oasis

The Gloaming is absolutely fantastic, I've been listening to their second album every single day and can't get tired of it. I have this record already purchased and will probably purchase the other three. Seriously, don't think twice.

Hey @Joe Mac , since we’re on the subject of Celtic vibes (Either geographical or musical) have you paid attention to Lankum, apparently the new wave of modern Celtic music? It’s definitely worth more than a listen, the lads are becoming quite popular globally and critically acclaimed too.

The Gloaming is absolutely fantastic, I've been listening to their second album every single day and can't get tired of it. I have this record already purchased and will probably purchase the other three. Seriously, don't think twice.

Have you listened to the Caoimhin Ó Raghallaigh & Thomas Bartlett album yet? I imagine that you’d dig the less structured and more improvisational nature of it...

Back