Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

Yup. Samesies. I love richters movie work. Like love. I am getting to the point where I can pick him out. His work on hostiles was superb. I hope this is it
Cliff Martinez's Solaris soundtrack was my jump in point for a lot of this kind of stuff. Bit more electronic, but I love it.

If you want to explore more this is a great place to start. Classical has just as many sub-genres as contemporary music, and this pretty much a core text.
its kinda weird... like i know im supposed to feel emotion... and it does get close... but it doesn't really hit me with like a good pop song or a melancholy art rock piece does to me.. its a weird disconnect.. my brain isn't getting pathos when i feel i should be

Yesterday I watched Somebody Feed Phil's Chicago episode and he had a prosciutto, mellon, burrata and prosciutto butter sandwich at some place.
Today I made my wife that sandwich whilst (is that the correct use?) streaming Max Richter's Vivaldi Recomposed, we had some wine and my purchase was approved.
So, yeah, pretty good for a Thursday.

Yesterday I watched Somebody Feed Phil's Chicago episode and he had a prosciutto, mellon, burrata and prosciutto butter sandwich at some place.
Today I made my wife that sandwich whilst (is that the correct use?) streaming Max Richter's Vivaldi Recomposed, we had some wine and my purchase was approved.
So, yeah, pretty good for a Thursday.

i mainly listen to classical music either early on a Sunday with a coffee or whilst cooking/eating! It’s a great accompaniment!

Just listening to this Max Richter Vivaldi recomposition. Wow this is magical, very impressed. I wonder if there is an SACD of it, I keep all my classical on digital...
No dsd version sorry

There is an SHM CD from Japan though but that's 50 bucks on discogs

Yeah, along with Beethoven’s 5th it’s one of the most ubiquitous pieces of music.
I think the ubiquity of Beethoven and Mozart were the things that made me not interested in classical..

Like every music related or art course talks about them

I’ll buy the 2 disc Cd/DVD set then if it’s this. Seeing as digital is cheaper I might throw in a few more of his albums whilst I’m at It!
Note the dvd is seemingly locked for NTSC regions and probably specific region dvd players

I think the ubiquity of Beethoven and Mozart were the things that made me not interested in classical..

Like every music related or art course talks about them

Yeah I get that, it’s only been in the last few years that I’ve got into classical. That said it’s impossible to teach foundational music And music theory without classical and it’s an exercise in futility to do that without those composers and the few other big ones. It’s a bit like teaching English without Shakespeare.

Bach and Rachmaninov are well worth exploring too if the wont ever takes you.

i think this is going to be a very close one but still a skip for me... there is a lot of energy in the music but i cant stop thinking "oh yeah its that springtime song" and dissociating from the emotions a bit with that. so i a hesitant skip but definitely a good choice

I'm just streaming Max Richter’s Four seasons", lying in bed (it's early morning) 🛌, and it's really impressive and beautiful. 👏😍 What wonderful music 🎶

I see it's available on Amazon.de for 19,99€ on vinyl. I don't own any classical works on vinyl, so that would be something completely new for me.

Do you own this on vinyl @Skalap and what's the sound like? There seem to be 2 editions of this, one from 2012 (music notes on the cover) which seems to be a single vinyl and a 2lp set from 2014 that also features Max Richter’s electronic variations and some remixes (stripes on the cover). I wonder if I should go the @Joe Mac route and get this on CD because of sound? I actually really want this on vinyl though. 🙂

Oh, and of course waiting for Alexander's official announcement. 📢 If it's Max Richter, great choice @Alexander. 🙂

I'm just streaming Max Richter’s Four seasons", lying in bed (it's early morning) 🛌, and it's really impressive and beautiful. 👏😍 What wonderful music 🎶

I see it's available on Amazon.de for 19,99€ on vinyl. I don't own any classical works on vinyl, so that would be something completely new for me.

Do you own this on vinyl @Skalap and what's the sound like? There seem to be 2 editions of this, one from 2012 (music notes on the cover) which seems to be a single vinyl and a 2lp set from 2014 that also features Max Richter’s electronic variations and some remixes (stripes on the cover). I wonder if I should go the @Joe Mac route and get this on CD because of sound? I actually really want this on vinyl though. 🙂

Oh, and of course waiting for Alexander's official announcement. 📢 If it's Max Richter, great choice @Alexander. 🙂

I have this second version on 2xLP. I don't remember anything wrong with the recording nor the packaging. If it happen to be our new AotM, it is a wonderful pick and, as @Thackeraye said, a great place to start. I listened this album for the first time thanks to Youtube algorithm. Max Richter was a total unknown for me at this time and I bought the record in the next days. I keep playing the album from time to time, mostly while working, and keep enjoying it. @duke86fan you definitely should give this album another chance.

Back