Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

I know I’m late to the party but GOD DAMN THAT WAS A GOOD LISTEN. Had my eyes closed for a bit there and you could’ve told me I died and went to heaven and I would’ve believed ya. Need way way way way more of albums like this in my collection. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 @Alexander

Just got notification of this - might actually be a way to get a cheap copy of his new album.

It seems to be an event for UK people only though. "This is a 300 person capacity event for UK customers only, Rough Trade will not ship items outside of the UK for this event."

Just got notification of this - might actually be a way to get a cheap copy of his new album.

My girlfriend bought me this, it was good fun and very interesting to hear from the man himself. He didn't touch on Recomposed at all, and I didn't get picked to ask any questions about it. But it was great none-the-less!

What's everyone's thoughts on disc 2.? I've actually listened to this album loads of times digitally in the last year's but never heard the remixes.

The remixes really caught me off guard today and in my opinion really don't fit with the rest of the release. Nice to have maybe but I doubt I would ever play this after listening to the main album.

What's everyone's thoughts on disc 2.? I've actually listened to this album loads of times digitally in the last year's but never heard the remixes.

The remixes really caught me off guard today and in my opinion really don't fit with the rest of the release. Nice to have maybe but I doubt I would ever play this after listening to the main album.

Woke me up violently the first time. I had on WFH and it was relaxing me nicely and then BANG!

I like the shadow versions, not so keen on the dancy ones, but then I’m not so keen on electronic dance music so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Woke me up violently the first time. I had on WFH and it was relaxing me nicely and then BANG!

I like the shadow versions, not so keen on the dancy ones, but then I’m not so keen on electronic dance music so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah same here I had pretty much entered a vegetative state, kind of drip feeding myself coffee and then switched to side d and almost fell off my chair.

I've just started watching the Crown and instantly recognized the music they used for this scene.

The scene is really lovely, and you can see from the comments how important the music was for that cut. Really great cinematography in this series.

I've just started watching the Crown and instantly recognized the music they used for this scene.

The scene is really lovely, and you can see from the comments how important the music was for that cut. Really great cinematography in this series.

Good catch! So many shows use snippets from this great album, its fun to spot them in the wild.

Also: i love this mash-up of Dinah Washingtons Bitter Tears with on the Nature of daylight ( which is on the cd and streaming version of the blue notebooks but not on the vinyl)

Back