Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

Robin Wright was in House of Cards.

GiantOrneryCrossbill-size_restricted.gif

The Mary Queen of Scots movie soundtrack with Margot Robbie has been done by Max Richter though I don't see Four Seasons in there.

"Rourke says that her initial vision for the soundtrack was inspired by the music of composer Max Richter — “and specifically his famous Vivaldi ‘The Four Seasons Recomposed’ piece, which breaks down a famous work and reassembles it in a way that allows you to hear it afresh, and also links the past and present. And he’s also able to bring out deep, deep emotion from what is essentially minimalist music. That’s why I wanted him for this, and why he was perfect.”

Link
Vivaldi's Four Seasons was in I, Tonya, starring Margot

On and off today ive spent time trying to fit modern classical compilation - Had a few interesting moments but never once hit on Mx Richtor as I’d decided it was Classical take on modern tunes that featured in films.
Should have checked in here earlier, im so bad at this but I had time on my hands.

Rainy days at home eh

i am kinda hoping its not wagner... its a bit too easy listening to me

Here's some clues! Did I win???????????????????

Robin Williams - Final Cut
Miles Teller - Fantastic Four
Craig Charles - Red Dwarf
Margot Robbie ~ I, Tonya
Anthony Bourdain ~ Parts Unknown
Uma Thurman ~ The House that Jack Built
Julia Roberts ~ Pretty Woman
Ian McShane ~ John Wick Chapter 3
Roger Moore ~ A View to Kill
Robin Wright ~ House of Cards
Christopher Walken ~ A View to Kill
NPH ~ A Series of Unfortunate Events (and Doogie Howser, MD)
Danny Devito ~ It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Carl Sagan ~ Cosmos
Larry Holmes ~ The Simpsons Episode Helter Shelter (2002) in which there is Vivaldi’s: "The Four Seasons: Spring (Allegro)")

If it's Richter I'm sold. Listening to it now and loving it. Got the instant familiarity of Vivaldi but doing something different with it. Will wait until it's announced, but I'll definitely be getting it.

Also remember liking the Ad Astra soundtrack, which is him as well.
Yup. Samesies. I love richters movie work. Like love. I am getting to the point where I can pick him out. His work on hostiles was superb. I hope this is it

no i meant the walt wagner album that was the guess until max richter happened

oh ok! Good! I was thinking Wagner absolutely is not easy listening 😂.

also I must completely have missed fhat
Walt Wagner (never heard of) album being a front runner, i don’t even remember it being picked. Probably too busy talking about marmalade...

Back