Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

A little late to the party, but I work at a custom print shop and get a pretty solid discount. We could print stickers, posters, hell even our own record jackets and more. I know a lot of people don't want to pay for things and that's perfectly fine, especially with international shipping things could get hairy, but just throwing it out there that if we did want to do some printing hit me up. If we set goals and expectations we could plan and see how affordable it would be and set up a gofundme each month, anyways. just throwing some ideas out there. Just my 2cents

These obi strip designs look wicked. Can you hold fire before rolling these out though because we've got some ideas and some legal stuff that we're working through relating to them. It's 100% on our radar!
For sure. I understand we should wait until we have clearance from you wonderful people who run this place before printing these. We can always go back and design/print the obis for previous ROTM.
You own this place, as you where the ones who set it up, but this record club the members have created is awesome, and it would be great if we could have the staff's blessing in order to make this somewhat official to our community.

Yup, @duke86fan has it right, you create the thread so you can have the first post(s) then @Goatfish will take the following post(s) to run the guesses.

You will need to send a message to each other just before you go live so the other person can get in post 2 and 3. It actually gives a nice continuity to you picking your AOTM and allows a little victory lap before realising that your glory days are now over and all that awaits is old age and inevitable death. But it’s fun while it lasts

Ok, here's my crappy mockup. I went in the same direction as @Alexander, just played around a bit with the information included and its position within the design. I think this should be the way to go: agree on what info to include, and then try different layouts with that.

View attachment 8686

Both look great, my humble suggestion would be to do @ before the user name. Maybe that's just me, but I refer to all of you in my head as "at" + username.

These obi strip designs look wicked. Can you hold fire before rolling these out though because we've got some ideas and some legal stuff that we're working through relating to them. It's 100% on our radar!

If I may ask, what are the legal issues related to printing your own OBI? It can't be that you can't print out an artists name and album on a piece of paper right? Not like we're selling these.

so will we be skipping deciding the next picker for the september ROTM until we get to august or will we have the next month picker planned 2 months before they pick the record

so will we be skipping deciding the next picker for the september ROTM until we get to august or will we have the next month picker planned 2 months before they pick the record

September ROTM is already picked, it’s @Teeeee that thread will start on 1st August if we go by the last 2 months.

I think it’s right to give the picker a months thinking time before they have to pick their album to start their thread.

So hypothetically, about how many people do we need to ensure can get a copy of the album we choose? I thought of an album that I really want to pick and there's several listings around but it seems to be on the cusp of "limited" so I'm worried about going through with it.

Seems to be about 30 or so that frequent the threads. I’d say that’s a good ballpark.

So hypothetically, about how many people do we need to ensure can get a copy of the album we choose? I thought of an album that I really want to pick and there's several listings around but it seems to be on the cusp of "limited" so I'm worried about going through with it.
It would probably best to make sure it's easy to get

If you just mean not a lot of them on Amazon that's fine

If the official storefront has them up its fine

Back