Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

It's beautiful. Maybe the avatar should be presented in a circle, like on the forum, and it will remind of the shape of a record ?
That was my original intention, but when I copied it, it copied as a square. Again, easily fixed - I can just screenshot the circular one and paste it in.

The yellow is indeed the spine :)
If so, then I would suggest moving some things. I think the artist and album title, along with the volume and N&G logo should be in the front, while the picker's name, avatar and write-up at the back. Im not a huge fan of the Japanese thing, I believe it is taking up some valuable space at the front while not adding any substance, but that is just my view. I like the idea of adding some words on the back like you're doing here. I think we should ask the month's picker to write something specifically for that purpose with a set limit of words.

One more important thing: we should have the staff's aproval before going forward with this design, since we're using the logo, name and color scheme of the forum.

If so, then I would suggest moving some things. I think the artist and album title, along with the volume and N&G logo should be in the front, while the picker's name, avatar and write-up at the back. Im not a huge fan of the Japanese thing, I believe it is taking up some valuable space at the front while not adding any substance, but that is just my view. I like the idea of adding some words on the back like you're doing here. I think we should ask the month's picker to write something specifically for that purpose with a set limit of words.

One more important thing: we should have the staff's aproval before going forward with this design, since we're using the logo, name and color scheme of the forum.
Japanese thing could be on the top of the spine in black with a vol number? Then the album name and volume of AOTM is on the front? Kind of want to see how that looks. I feel like the N&G Logo is fine on the spine.

I just want to be sure I don't eff this up. I am picking the album for August. On August 1, @Goatfish will create the thread. I will give hints. @Goatfish will keep track of guesses, be my hype-person (I hope you do me proud!) and all around thread wizard. I will then reveal my pick on August 25 with my poorly written reasons. You all will buy said album. We discuss how much we all love it until the end of the month. And on Sept 1, the next person picks and I run that thread.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken about any of this.

I just want to be sure I don't eff this up. I am picking the album for August. On August 1, @Goatfish will create the thread. I will give hints. @Goatfish will keep track of guesses, be my hype-person (I hope you do me proud!) and all around thread wizard. I will then reveal my pick on August 25 with my poorly written reasons. You all will buy said album. We discuss how much we all love it until the end of the month. And on Sept 1, the next person picks and I run that thread.

from what i know its you create the first post, so you are able to put your liner notes at the very first post at the announcement day. the previous person does the 2nd post which is the guesses and then has an archive of the original post

Ok, here's my crappy mockup. I went in the same direction as @Alexander, just played around a bit with the information included and its position within the design. I think this should be the way to go: agree on what info to include, and then try different layouts with that.

View attachment 8686
person i think this is the best option we got so far... its very pretty and has a wonderful design to it (especially the user at the top and their name underneath the picture)...

but so we dont get anyone spoiling.. we can maybe reveal it to them maybe the day right before we announce it so no one is given the announcement right away (and they have to promise to not tell anyone)

I can’t wait! You will clearly pick the most fun album we’ve had for a while 😀

from what i know its you create the first post, so you are able to put your liner notes at the very first post at the announcement day. the previous person does the 2nd post which is the guesses and then has an archive of the original post

Yup, @duke86fan has it right, you create the thread so you can have the first post(s) then @Goatfish will take the following post(s) to run the guesses.

Back