N&G Secret Santa - 2020

CAE0F46F-8B03-4E91-BD8E-7613E858A2C3.jpeg

And again Santa!

837B5726-7D97-4B3C-AA4A-0D9A20A211F4.jpeg

I’ll admit to not being as fond of US indie as I am of the stuff from over here and as a result I’d never heard of this band before the forums and still have never listened to this. I look forward to giving this a spin and finding out what all the fuss is about!

Thank you so much for you generosity!

View attachment 79495

And again Santa!

View attachment 79496

I’ll admit to not being as fond of US indie as I am of the stuff from over here and as a result I’d never heard of this band before the forums and still have never listened to this. I look forward to giving this a spin and finding out what all the fuss is about!

Those were me!

You have an EXTENSIVE collection so it was quite intimidating. Basically I wanted to give you some real classic American modern rock.

Adding talking heads was an easy choice. To me they are the most important American band of their era. I almost consider them like America’s Radiohead.

Then I saw you never heard of NMH. This is like THE indie rock record. I know you said you were skeptical of it, but decided to challenge you. No better way to give something a chance than having to sit down and spin it.

Those were me!

You have an EXTENSIVE collection so it was quite intimidating. Basically I wanted to give you some real classic American modern rock.

Adding talking heads was an easy choice. To me they are the most important American band of their era. I almost consider them like America’s Radiohead.

Then I saw you never heard of NMH. This is like THE indie rock record. I know you said you were skeptical of it, but decided to challenge you. No better way to give something a chance than having to sit down and spin it.

Thank you so much! With the CDs I still have being in my cogs I’ve been building that for a long time but also I do buy far too much!

Talking Heads have been a band I’ve been meaning to get into for a while, I just needed that kick to start and I’m glad you’ve given it to me! Also I’m really glad to be challenged, it’s something new but also in my general taste! I really can’t wait to get them both opened, cleaned and spinning in the next couple of days!

Thank you so much! With the CDs I still have being in my cogs I’ve been building that for a long time but also I do buy far too much!

Talking Heads have been a band I’ve been meaning to get into for a while, I just needed that kick to start and I’m glad you’ve given it to me! Also I’m really glad to be challenged, it’s something new but also in my general taste! I really can’t wait to get them both opened, cleaned and spinning in the next couple of days!
That’s my favorite TH record. After that I’d do either Fear of Music or Speaking in Tongues

Wonderful picks.

You'll be singing "semen stains the mountaintops" at the top of your lungs, along with the rest of us, in no time.

View attachment 79495

And again Santa!

View attachment 79496

When you listen to 'Oh, Comely', just imagine him recording it all in one shot on the first try. Then don't miss the "Holy Shit!" cry right at the end of the song by one of the band members.

Also obligatory:

parks1.jpg

Back