N&G Secret Santa - 2020

View attachment 79559
I’m not saying my Santa is better than yours, but....

This hits it out of the park for me. I’ve been wanting that Charlie Brown Christmas album for a few years now! I love the Eurythmics but didn’t have this album and realized in the last few years that prog and I are good friends so I can’t wait to dig into this King Crimson album!

Plus stickers! Thanks @LeeVing! Totally awesome package!

edit: almost forgot the CD! I mean, got too excited by the stickers I guess. Never heard of Days Between Stations so this ought to be a fun discovery.

Glad they got to you safely.

I saw that you liked Soundtracks and didn't have this Christmas classic.

I noticed you had some of the Eurythmics, but not this first album - which is tragically not though of for some reason - even with members of Can as the session players.

I'd say it's my favorite album of theirs. I got that copy off Discogs as I'd never seen it in the bins - but right after I got that reissue, the original UK pressing was at my local - and then they reissued it a couple of years ago...so I didn't need 3 copies.

The King Crimson was my idea of getting some Prog into your collection - and Red seems like a good starting point. And again...I didn't need 3 copies. The new reissue is pretty good.

The Days Before Stations is another prog band - I had the CD sitting here for weeks and tossed it in....They sent me 2.

I kept the signed one -

20201209_133439 (2).jpg

And the stickers have been piling up on my desk - I'll have plenty more for next years Santee.

20201209_132706 (2).jpg

yeah - I should clean it up....work has been busy and cleaning isn't something I like doing when I get time off.

Last edited:
Glad they got to you safely.

I saw that you liked Soundtracks and didn't have this Christmas classic.

I noticed you had some of the Eurythmics, but not this first album - which is tragically not though of for some reason - even with members of Can as the session players.

I'd say it's my favorite album of theirs. I got that copy off Discogs as I'd never seen it in the bins - but right after I got that reissue, the original UK pressing was at my local - and then they reissued it a couple of years ago...so I didn't need 3 copies.

The King Crimson was my idea of getting some Prog into your collection - and Red seems like a good starting point. And again...I didn't need 3 copies. The new reissue is pretty good.

The Days Before Stations is another prog band - I had the CD sitting here for weeks and tossed it in....They sent me 2.

I kept the signed one -

View attachment 79577

And the stickers have been piling up on my desk - I'll have plenty more for next years Santee.

View attachment 79578
Darnit, I meant to throw some stickers in too!

Received a package that I wasnt expecting that I guess is from santa!!!

View attachment 79570

Tush Sultana - Flow State

Never heard of them but the packaging is incredible! Cant wait to check them out!! Thank you so much 💕

I dont see any identifiable info on it so I cant thank you directly yet

grinch.gif

There should be two more coming your way!

Dear Santee, I’ve chosen a record based on what I have seen in your collection and your likes. It is one that sounds fantastic this time of year and it’s what I think is the definitive copy! Hope you enjoy and have a fabulous Christmas!

Oh my god, this record sounds amazing! I'm just blown away. Ella and Louis are awesome together, great harmonies. You couldn't have picked a more perfect gift. It had been a rough week so far and this is the soundtrack to things looking up. Thank you so much @greeny400

20201209_155332.jpg

Santa Joe has outdone himself this year 🥰
20201209_204952.jpg
Ziggy is an album that I have considered picking multiple times throughout the years and just never have, so it's a perfect gift 😀 it's one I should have added to my library a lot sooner and it feels good to finally have it. Meanwhile, Suede will be completely new to me! Though I've heard them mentioned in the context of other music I like and I trust @Joe Mac's impeccable taste to not lead me astray, so I'm excited to spin it and see what it's all about 😁

thank you for a holiday full of cheer, dearest joe! these are wonderful records I'm looking forward to diving into very soon!! you da bomb, Santa Joe 😘

Santa Joe has outdone himself this year 🥰
View attachment 79628
Ziggy is an album that I have considered picking multiple times throughout the years and just never have, so it's a perfect gift 😀 it's one I should have added to my library a lot sooner and it feels good to finally have it. Meanwhile, Suede will be completely new to me! Though I've heard them mentioned in the context of other music I like and I trust @Joe Mac's impeccable taste to not lead me astray, so I'm excited to spin it and see what it's all about 😁

thank you for a holiday full of cheer, dearest joe! these are wonderful records I'm looking forward to diving into very soon!! you da bomb, Santa Joe 😘
Appreciate that @Joe Mac purchased this record even though it probably kills him inside that they have to be called The London Suede here in the States.

Back