N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Alas, poor Stevie Wonder - I was about 90 seconds into the first spin of the season for, "Someday at Christmas," when the door buzzer let me know that USPS was here. Low and behold, my Santa has delivered me a copy of Analog Africa's Mogadisco Compilation! Quicky my office (living room) found itself filled with the upbeat and joyous sounds of the Dur Dur Band and other Somalian funk, disco, and reggae!

Thank you so much Santa for fulfilling my first physical foray into Analog Africa's catalog. I actually first heard about this label via postings from @Skalap who was my Santee this year - I guess it comes full circle.

As you can see, the selection has been met with Orzo's seal of approval:
View attachment 79251

if you like this one make sure to check out the Somali compilation on Ostinato records. great packaging as well.

Got two of three of my Santee's gifts today. Unfortunately, one, while described as still sealed, was barely so. Looks like it was on the shelf at their shop for quite some time. I did inspect the records, and they look perfect, so if you can get past the visible wear on the sleeve, you should LOVE the record!

Made it to the local and grabbed a couple goodies for the Santee. Hoping they'll like them. If not, they can return one to me. It's on my want list. :ROFLMAO: Somehow I didn't buy anything for myself, it's been since Black Friday. I have no idea how. I'm getting an itchy finger.

I’m unfamiliar with most of the solo stuff...I’m assuming you have this in your collection?:)
So Reflections is the most GD-esque of his solo work and is chock full of classic solo Jerry.

I'd recommend Garcia (the 1st album), which has a lot of his most well known GD songs, and Cats Under The Stars, which is pure Jerry Garcia Band in its full late 70s glory.

So Reflections is the most GD-esque of his solo work and is chock full of classic solo Jerry.

I'd recommend Garcia (the 1st album), which has a lot of his most well known GD songs, and Cats Under The Stars, which is pure Jerry Garcia Band in its full late 70s glory.
Will do...thanks again 🍺🍺🍺

Dear Santee,

I just wanted to let you know that half your gifts was supposed to ship on Nov. 30 but the tracking history now says that only the label has been created. So I don't really know when you'll receive this first gift. Concerning the second, I don't have a clue if it shipped or not or what or when or where (but I hope it will arrive soon someday).

Back