N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Can I suggest that for SS 2021 that the sign up start In October so that we can get our Santee by the first week in November? I feel like the post office is going to continue to be overwhelmed, especially during the holidays. This will also give us more time to shop. Sign ups started on 11/3 and ended on 11/20. I didn’t receive my Santee until 11/27. Not complaining but we all know what we would do with a little more time 🙃

Can I suggest that for SS 2021 that the sign up start In October so that we can get our Santee by the first week in November? I feel like the post office is going to continue to be overwhelmed, especially during the holidays. This will also give us more time to shop. Sign ups started on 11/3 and ended on 11/20. I didn’t receive my Santee until 11/27. Not complaining but we all know what we would do with a little more time 🙃
Can I second this request? I’m all for this!!

Got my Secret Santa yesterday from @blissfullychaotic! Absolutely stunning record that I'd never heard called A Son of the Sun by Japanese producer Uyama Hiroto. Listened today and it is right up my street! Lovely mostly instrumental chill hip hop beats with jazzy overtones. Just flows along effortlessly and was perfect after a long days work. Also included was the book Red Rock detailing the history of rock music in China which I'm interested to start reading! Thank you so much for sending me a record that I will now cherish!20210210_161648.jpg

Huge surprise when I came into work. I had assumed my Santa didn't want to reveal themselves, how wrong I was! Looks like there was a Covid related delay on the final record, but it was well worth the wait. Thank you so much @sahomerrocks you knocked all three picks out of the park!

I spun both the Julien Baker and Pavement albums earlier this year, both sound great! Also, I don't know how I never listened to all of Crooked Rain. I knew Gold Soundz and Cut Your Hair going in, but the rest was a very pleasant surprise.

This package contained the note, a sticker, and mewithoutyou's Brother, Sister. It's been a long time since I last listened to this band, probably not since high school. I was a senior when this album came out, can't wait to spin this one and ride that nostalgia train!

Sorry for the blurry pic, my phone refused to properly focus.
mewithoutyou.jpg

Last edited:
Huge surprise when I came into work. I had assumed my Santa didn't want to reveal themselves, how wrong I was! Looks like there was a Covid related delay on the final record, but it was well worth the wait. Thank you so much @sahomerrocks you knocked all three picks out of the park!

I spun both the Julien Baker and Pavement albums earlier this year, both sound great! Also, I don't know how I never listened to all of Crooked Rain. I knew Gold Soundz and Cut Your Hair going in, but the rest was a very pleasant surprise.

This package contained the note, a sticker, and mewithoutyou's Brother, Sister. It's been a long time since I last listened to this band, probably not since high school. I was a senior when this album came out, can't wait to spin this one and ride that nostalgia train!

Sorry for the blurry pic, my phone refused to properly focus.
View attachment 87549
@sahomerrocks sent me Crooked Rain a few years ago too! #1 Pavement ambassador on the forum!

Back