My Morning Jacket

Early recordings repress!

A little surprised these are 45 rpm, aren't these mostly low-fi recordings, demos and such?

My record arrived ... to my in-laws' house in the US, so I'm looking forward to hearing that in a few weeks when they visit. Didn't like the lead single but haven't heard anything else apart from what they played on the nugs livestream a while back.

Spinning my copy now, loving the feeling of the album so far. The atmosphere of it is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Just free wheeling jams, even when it's an understated song there is a certain movement to the sounds. I don't know if that makes any sense.

A little surprised these are 45 rpm, aren't these mostly low-fi recordings, demos and such?
I need these to sit for 2 weeks please. Additionally, woooo buddy. This album is a vibe. Some weak spots second listen thru but I think I'm just distracted during the runout instrumentation and need to have a focused listen once more.

Listened to the new album yesterday on my flight to Austin - definitely exceeded expectations. I think it gripped me more on first listen than either of the Waterfalls.

In Color, Never In The Real World, and I Never Could Get Enough were big highlights. Jazzy outro on Devil’s In The Details was very cool too. This is definitely a new phase for them, IMO.

Listened to the new album yesterday on my flight to Austin - definitely exceeded expectations. I think it gripped me more on first listen than either of the Waterfalls.

In Color, Never In The Real World, and I Never Could Get Enough were big highlights. Jazzy outro on Devil’s In The Details was very cool too. This is definitely a new phase for them, IMO.
Spinning side A right now. 'In Color' is definitely a jam!

Enjoyed it quite a bit on my first two listens through. A few parts I wasn't really feeling, unlike where I dug Waterfall II all the way through first time around, but it's way too early to tell. Looking forward to spinning the vinyl in a month or so.

Back