My Morning Jacket

1629820140265.png

what do people think of the new single? I'm kinda on the fence, I liked Waterfall well enough but not sure I need a new album. I never got Waterfall II.
Haven't listened to it yet. I might be in the minority but I thought Waterfall II was their best album since Z.

Haven't listened to the new single yet either -- I might wait till the full release. I also loved Waterfall II and thought it was their best in a long time, and I really, really like Circuital.

what do people think of the new single? I'm kinda on the fence, I liked Waterfall well enough but not sure I need a new album. I never got Waterfall II.

Haven't listened to it yet. I might be in the minority but I thought Waterfall II was their best album since Z.

Haven't listened to the new single yet either -- I might wait till the full release. I also loved Waterfall II and thought it was their best in a long time, and I really, really like Circuital.

Lets just all agree that Evil Urges is the Best MMJ release.

Now that's out of the way...I need more time with the new single to understand if this release as Evil Urges potential.
😁

It was fine. I try not to judge based on "singles" anymore because bands seem to make odd choices these days and they're not always the best songs on the album.

I decided I should listen to the single before I bought the album, listened to the single, didn't like it at all, then ordered the deluxe LP anyway.

Very curious to see what this next iteration of their sound brings. Hard to tell based on the single, but I guess it feels like less “slick” production than Waterfall?

Not a fan at all. Something about Jim's voice feels out of place and out of breath almost. With an extra nasally vibe that made it sound like someone was parodying the band.

Back