My Morning Jacket

I got the orange swirl. Looks and sounds great, but the real prize IMO is the bonus live LP of solo Jim. I think it was originally a radio broadcast so for some reason I wasn't expecting it to sound great? Boy was I wrong.
Felt exactly the same way. The version of I Will Be There When You Die on it. Holy shit.

I got the orange swirl. Looks and sounds great, but the real prize IMO is the bonus live LP of solo Jim. I think it was originally a radio broadcast so for some reason I wasn't expecting it to sound great? Boy was I wrong.
So true! I might listen to the solo session more than the actual album. The proper album sounds damn near the same to my earlier pressing of At Dawn from the late 00’s or so. It was a rainbo pressing and a touch noisy. This issue is very quiet. It’s always been a pretty good sounding album imo.

I had been planning on waiting to retrieve my vinyl from the US before listening to the radio session, but last night I gave in and sat out on the deck with my headphones and put it on. What a performance.

View attachment 102875

My Morning Jacket has announced the launch of their new MMJ LIVE vinyl series, kicking off with 'LIVE 2015', collecting 16 previously unreleased live tracks recorded during 2015’s THE WATERFALL Tour.

· 3 x LP’s on white vinyl
· Digital download card included

TRACKLISTING
SIDE A
1. Victory Dance
2. Circuital
3. Compound Fracture
SIDE B
1. I'm Amazed
2. Believe (Nobody Knows)
3. Evil Urges
SIDE C
1. Off The Record
2. Tropics
3. The Way That He Sings
SIDE D
1. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
2. Get The Point
3. Masterplan
SIDE E
1. Dondante
SIDE F
1. Wordless Chorus
2. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream, Pt. 2
3. Gideon

Tried to quote you from the other thread, @Twentytwo but guess it didn't work.

View attachment 102875

My Morning Jacket has announced the launch of their new MMJ LIVE vinyl series, kicking off with 'LIVE 2015', collecting 16 previously unreleased live tracks recorded during 2015’s THE WATERFALL Tour.

TRACKLISTING
SIDE A
1. Victory Dance
2. Circuital
3. Compound Fracture
SIDE B
1. I'm Amazed
3. Evil Urges
SIDE C
1. Off The Record
2. Tropics
3. The Way That He Sings
SIDE D
2. Get The Point
3. Masterplan
SIDE E
1. Dondante
SIDE F
1. Wordless Chorus
3. Gideon

View attachment 102875

TRACKLISTING
SIDE A
1. Victory Dance
2. Circuital
3. Compound Fracture
SIDE B
1. I'm Amazed
3. Evil Urges
SIDE C
1. Off The Record
2. Tropics
3. The Way That He Sings
SIDE D
2. Get The Point
3. Masterplan
SIDE E
1. Dondante
SIDE F
1. Wordless Chorus
3. Gideon

Would love for them to have included some of the covers from One Big Holiday that year. Their kickoff of Ride Like the Wind is especially amazing.

This is Volume 1.
You might get your wish in later volumes.
I wonder if each volume will feature a particular year, like this one, or if there will be other themes… An all-covers volume would be fun.

Also curious to see which shows these were curated from. Assuming if they are all previously unreleased, that would exclude anything on nugs.net.

I wonder if each volume will feature a particular year, like this one, or if there will be other themes… An all-covers volume would be fun.

Also curious to see which shows these were curated from. Assuming if they are all previously unreleased, that would exclude anything on nugs.net.
I'm not a big Waterfall fan but that Tropics they put out on Youtube was great.
I cant wait to hear how the selections play back to back if they are from different shows.

Last edited:
Just got in the It Sitll Moves and Evil Urges reissues. I’ve never heard the remix of Moves and I must say it’s pretty darn good. It still isn’t a great sounding album but at least it’s cleaned up a bit. You definitely need to crank it though otherwise it sounds a bit thin. The “original” (ATO with CD, not Badman) always sounded pretty poor to me. The cd that came with it sounded better IMO and is permanently staying in my CD player in my car. So I’m happy to own this vinyl version. I do have a skip on Golden and it’s not a perfect pressing but hopefully a clean will help.

Back