Music Festivals

It seems every major festival has made an announcement, cancelled, or postponed their event.

Except Austin City Limits Festival.

You hear that ACL...every MAJOR festival has already made an announcement.

it will be. most big festivals are in panic mode, furloughing people while coming up with mass refund/deferment plans, as well as trying to get a plan in place for 2021 to announce at the same time.

as sold out events, they can mostly dwindle the calendar without pushing stuff or advertising even though it's frustrating for patrons. the whole industry saw what the first cancellations are still dealing with (SXSW, Coachella), so most don't want to pull the plug until they have a plan or they have to. don't count on fall.

Reactions: Tyr
Not so much a festival, but a cool collection of artists doing a livestream on Twitch this weekend :)

View attachment 53714

This is happening right now if any of you forgot.

Great performances and POWERFUL conversations!

In completely unsurprising news, Kaaboo San Diego finally cancelled as well. It was supposed to be in September but never announced any artists.

Inside Lands is LIVE right now.

Hell of a lineup for both days!

virtual roo is live.

just watched david lynch talk about meditating.

Thursday Schedule:
4:30pm Nile Rodgers & Chic (2018)
5:00pm Sanctuary of Self Love Brought to you by Toyota: A Conversation in Meditation, Creativity and Consciousness with Bob Roth and David Lynch
5:10pm Devon Gilfillian
5:20pm Resistance Revival Chorus
5:30pm Briston Maroney
5:35pm TWIX Presents Bonnaroo Campfire Tales
5:40pm: Sanctuary of Self Love Brought to you by Toyota Panel: The Digital Space and Mental Health = Wellness at Home - Moderated by Hayley Williams
5:55pm Lennon Stella
6:05pm Jamila Woods
6:15pm Dog Dance Party Sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka
6:20pm Live From Tipitina’s: Tank and the Bangas
6:40pm Alabama Shakes (2015)
7:10pm TWIX Presents Bonnaroo Campfire Tales
7:15pm St. Paul & The Broken Bones
7:30pm Goose
7:50pm Cheers to Live Sponsored by BACARDÍ: Tennessee Theatre
7:55pm Action Bronson: Live from Greenpoint
8:10pm Jack White (2014)
9:40pm Caamp
9:50pm Denzel Curry
10:00pm Chromeo performing Quarantine Casanova
10:30pm Beastie Boys (2009)
11:55pm Robe Rage: Flamingosis
12:10am Subtronics

bonnaroo dates next year have been pushed back to labor day weekend. i don't have a lot of faith in mass concerts even happening next year (ahem: www.saveourstages.com), but at least they're looking ahead and realizing later is better at this point no matter what.

At this rate we will be lucky if there are small or boutique festivals in 2023.
the Live Nation/AEG international money machine has been working on their plans for negative test/vaccine passes since summer. kicked into high gear in November with vaccine success announcements, creating partnerships with CLEAR and IBM.

so festivals will be back sooner in my opinion- they will just cost even more, be brought to you only by the corporations that can afford it, and will require your documentation and testing results to be shared between multiple companies.

giphy.gif.19724aa0f573e21d258e91fb62fef569.gif

but who really knows.

the Live Nation/AEG international money machine has been working on their plans for negative test/vaccine passes since summer. kicked into high gear in November with vaccine success announcements, creating partnerships with CLEAR and IBM.

so festivals will be back sooner in my opinion- they will just cost even more, be brought to you only by the corporations that can afford it, and will require your documentation and testing results to be shared between multiple companies.

giphy.gif.19724aa0f573e21d258e91fb62fef569.gif

but who really knows.

Anti vaxxers will love this.

Anti vaxxers will love this.
Avoiding country music concerts/festivals like the plague!

I do think the vaccination proof is a good idea. I don't mind sharing this information, nor do I think it's a bad thing for people to know your status. I worry about fraud and further delays in getting into venues while people are screened.

Boston Calling 2021 has been canceled.

After exploring all possible options for hosting Boston Calling this year, we have made the difficult decision in conjunction with local and state authorities to cancel the 2021 festival. The health and safety of our entire community is always our top priority, and there was no appropriate scenario under which we could provide the Boston Calling experience you love and deserve.

While we are sad to go another year without the festival, we have set our sights on 2022 – mark your calendar for Memorial Day weekend. We look forward to sharing more information around headliners, lineup and vendors as we get closer to the 2022 festival.

To request a full refund or learn more, click here. In order to expedite the refund process, all refund requests must be completed by 5:00PM ET on March 8, 2021. If you would like to transfer your tickets to 2022 and keep all of the benefits that come with them, you don’t need to do anything – your tickets will be honored, and we will be in touch with more details at a later date.

Stay safe, we look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

With gratitude,
The Boston Calling Team

Back