Music Festivals

If you care to share, I’d love to hear the story behind why :)
in this day and age, it's nearly impossible to be altruistic as a consumer of product and culture but I try to at least be mindful.

some of the largest companies in this space worldwide (outside of this space as well, I guess) are AEG and Live Nation. I can't say too much, cause, heck, a bulk of my income is from Live Nation- but Goldenvoice is overseen by the owner/CEO of AEG- Phil Anschutz. all corporations come with their own bag of problems, but that is one billionaire I do my best to not support or work for since our values are diametrically opposed.

both those companies mentioned are eating the event industry, but Rapino (CEO of LN) has given a few $100,000 over the last decade to Obama and other DNC candidates, while Anschutz donated a couple million to the RNC in 2016 and another cool million to anti-LGBTQ organizations.

he also owns the Lakers and has a hand in just about everything else, and none of these people are shining examples, but I draw little lines when and where I can. now this answer has touched on politics and this isn't the thread for it 😬:LOL: so feel free to move, mods

in this day and age, it's nearly impossible to be altruistic as a consumer of product and culture but I try to at least be mindful.

some of the largest companies in this space worldwide (outside of this space as well, I guess) are AEG and Live Nation. I can't say too much, cause, heck, a bulk of my income is from Live Nation- but Goldenvoice is overseen by the owner/CEO of AEG- Phil Anschutz. all corporations come with their own bag of problems, but that is one billionaire I do my best to not support or work for since our values are diametrically opposed.

both those companies mentioned are eating the event industry, but Rapino (CEO of LN) has given a few $100,000 over the last decade to Obama and other DNC candidates, while Anschutz donated a couple million to the RNC in 2016 and another cool million to anti-LGBTQ organizations.

he also owns the Lakers and has a hand in just about everything else, and none of these people are shining examples, but I draw little lines when and where I can. now this answer has touched on politics and this isn't the thread for it 😬:LOL: so feel free to move, mods
Awesome. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and reasoning. I love hearing about that kind of stuff.

I am in agreement with you that nowadays it is virtually impossible to stand on principle with every company you come in contact with on a daily basis. But people DO need to take a stand where they feel it is important and I applaud you for taking this stand. Even, as you say, if its just a personal line in the sand.

One of the conversations I have pretty often with my friends is that it is very inconvenient, at best, to stand up for what you believe in. But it is important. One of my favorite quotes is "Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense". This applies to when/where you think is appropriate to take a stand. Well done, flyest of Bs.

another Goldenvoice nostalgia hit

Lovers & Friends
ArRvCPFcSxDrTbzQgxopPN00gQZDJrQfN0kn0v56aMVnLR7_QRRlm-apPS6tkPYPVcnAq-IZo3YmVr6s3hMtjCcv52ZUniLEZmlTef31iqBI_V3Qlf4a8gdV8DkznTY

some of the reports on this one have been weird

another Goldenvoice nostalgia hit

Lovers & Friends
ArRvCPFcSxDrTbzQgxopPN00gQZDJrQfN0kn0v56aMVnLR7_QRRlm-apPS6tkPYPVcnAq-IZo3YmVr6s3hMtjCcv52ZUniLEZmlTef31iqBI_V3Qlf4a8gdV8DkznTY

some of the reports on this one have been weird
I had a dream a few nights ago that I was slave labor in a sweatshop warehouse, being forced to tend these silkworm things that produced hard pellets of fiber. My job was to collect the pellets, soak them in bowls of blue dye, and carefully separate them into individual strands so they could be woven into garments. The boss of the sweatshop was tough but fair. At one point he confided in me that he was also being held there against his will, so he knew what it was like, and I started to feel as if he might be my ally in devising an escape.

Oh, and he was Ja Rule.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was slave labor in a sweatshop warehouse, being forced to tend these silkworm things that produced hard pellets of fiber. My job was to collect the pellets, soak them in bowls of blue dye, and carefully separate them into individual strands so they could be woven into garments. The boss of the sweatshop was tough but fair. At one point he confided in me that he was also being held there against his will, so he knew what it was like, and I started to feel as if he might be my ally in devising an escape.

Oh, and he was Ja Rule.
Out of everything I’ve ever posted here, this is the one that I’m surprised to see not get any reaction whatsoever. Personally, I woke up feeling like Ja, or “Boss” as we called him in the worm warehouse, was probably a more complicated guy than I originally thought.

Out of everything I’ve ever posted here, this is the one that I’m surprised to see not get any reaction whatsoever. Personally, I woke up feeling like Ja, or “Boss” as we called him in the worm warehouse, was probably a more complicated guy than I originally thought.
out of everything you posted here, I thought that I had dreamed this one about your dream.

so now for a reaction- indy. what in god's name are you smoking? and if nothing, maybe time to start.

Last edited:
Don't know how KOL scores a headlining spot over My Morning Jacket, but otherwise it's a great lineup again. Eddie AND Pearl Jam, Pretenders, The Frames(!), Maggie Rogers, Shovels & Rope, Brian Fallon. I'll be there Saturday / Sunday for sure.

Image result for ohana festival 2020

Back