Music Festivals

Forecastle on Memorial Day weekend will be a LOT cooler! ... literally. It has always been in July 😰

View attachment 90450
I am SO down for this change. I don't know who's idea it was to throw a festival in 95-110 degree sun where the only shade is a freeway overpass, but it wasn't the greatest. Got the Yacht Club pass the last year we went and the air-conditioned tent saved our lives. I think Louisville is in the high 70's-low 80's at the end of May. That is perfect. I'll book Galt House right now, in fact.

update: maybe I won't. Looks like they only take reservations a year in advance, so I'll have to wait til May to book.

I’ve attended LIB several times since it’s inception. It’s 25 minutes from my house.
It’s unique because of where it takes place and I’ve always had lots of fun when I’ve gone. However this lineup does nothing for me. One of my gripes with this festival is the repeat factor. I don’t know if that’s common with most of the major festivals, but LIB loves to have at least a handful of artists who recently played, play again. I’m really shocked that there are no Las Vegas bands on the lineup. Hopefully this thing happens so that our economy will get a nice boost.

I ain't going to any music festival until at least next year.

There's a rescheduled Tennis gig from early 2020 that is penciled in for November at a venue near me. I'm debating whether or not to go to that one. Hopefully things are back to "normal" by then. September though for that fest? hmmmmmm

I ain't going to any music festival until at least next year.

There's a rescheduled Tennis gig from early 2020 that is penciled in for November at a venue near me. I'm debating whether or not to go to that one. Hopefully things are back to "normal" by then. September though for that fest? hmmmmmm
There’s actually another festival here the month before.

Looks like this is happening. Thoughts?
View attachment 91331
Great lineup, lots of artists I would enjoy seeing play. I'm very doubtful though that it can take place. I hope if it really does there'll be a live stream, so I can watch it online from Germany. Over here it seems very unlikely there'll be any gigs larger than 5000 this year. Actually even 1000 is questionable.

Ooooh glad this thread exists!

A couple of years ago a local Jazz, Funk & Soul festival debuted and it was fantastic. We had VIP tickets and decided to go for super early bird's for the next year, which then were upgraded to VIP for free. Obviously it was cancelled last year so they rescheduled for September this year and have just announced the first line-up. Looks to be killer again with quite a few extras to be announced. They just today revealed Lianne La Havas to be a headliner as well which will be fantastic.

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 18.18.01.png

An interesting Festival is planned in The Netherlands. It's called Lowlands Festival and shall take place on August 20th to 22nd.

Lineup includes some great artists like Liam Gallagher, The Chemical Brothers, slowthai, Arlo Parks, Balthazar, Altin Gün, Caribou, Declan McKenna, Denzel Curry, Ezra Collective, Georgia, Working Men's Club, Yves Tumor, Kelly Lee Owens, Koffee, KAYTRANADA, sleaford mods, shame, Typhoon and many more

Back