Music Festivals

the booking world is verrrrryy interesting right now, per industry friends.

makes sense that LIB is the one running for it since everyone else is comparing their attempts at compiling lineups to Vegas chips!

as fan and staff, I'm oscillating between excited and terrified with every tidbit. the big companies (LV, AEG, etc) are feeling GOOD about fall. industry-wide hesitation on anything occurring before August. fingers crossed I see one of you weirdos safely in a field soon.

the booking world is verrrrryy interesting right now, per industry friends.

makes sense that LIB is the one running for it since everyone else is comparing their attempts at compiling lineups to Vegas chips!

as fan and staff, I'm oscillating between excited and terrified with every tidbit. the big companies (LV, AEG, etc) are feeling GOOD about fall. industry-wide hesitation on anything occurring before August. fingers crossed I see one of you weirdos safely in a field soon.
you have any intel on Lolla?... because there was rumor floating about that they are going to be trying to be the first major to happen in their usual last weekend of July timeslot, but I'm not sure I believe it.

you have any intel on Lolla?... because there was rumor floating about that they are going to be trying to be the first major to happen in their usual last weekend of July timeslot, but I'm not sure I believe it.
lol welp, no NDA or guarantees these days so.... I've been told to hold my week if possible. there are theoretical bookings.

the same people handle other fall bookings (October), and they feel really good about those. booked, in states with shit regulations, and projected to go quick when the onsale hits. slight hesitation on Lolla due to timing, size, and location- but it is in place.

so much is going to depend on numbers being in control enough for local regulations, and our vaccination %.

Not that I have any real chance of hitting Bonnaroo this year, but that feels a little underwhelming for Bonnaroo given a ton of Spring fests are cancelled. Solid top lines and second lines at least. Still should be a great time.

Hoping selfishly New England can get vaccinated quickly and roll out approvals. Craving a good fest like Freshgrass or Levitate or Firefly even at this point if they can happen.

I find it pretty spot-on for a Bonnaroo move, and there's some good-to-me or classic roo mixed in.

although it would seem booking would be a free-for-all with so much not happening, that world is a world of pain right now 😆 the lines they are navigating with all the uncertainty, international travel restrictions, new requirements, fees, anxious artists/staff/fans, terrible insurance, nightmarish guarantees... I'm gonna be wowed by just about any lineup the teams spit out haha

Is anyone going to attempt Bonnaroo this year? I’m considering it as I’ve always wanted to go.

It would be cool to have a N&G contingent to hang with. 😎

the festival soap opera this season is just as gut wrenching as last, and the stakes are feeling even higher wooooo.

Boomtown has announced their cancellation, nearly exactly one year after pulling their 2020 event. I'm afraid they won't be the last to go.
Government faces the music as festivals are forced to cancel again over Covid threat

175969829_6098261153533381_8869714800125491006_n.jpg

we will see what happens in the US, since we've obviously played fast and loose with all of this as a nation. I still feel some hope for fall, especially with rising vaccination rates. I am nervous about US reaching a vaccine-willingness plateau soon though, and the proliferation of variants around the world in the meantime that may be less resistant to the vaccines. I’m just gonna keep my TBD stamp out for 2021.

That Railbird liineup is insane. Gives me some huge hope for Freshgrass and, like I don't think anything could bring me to Kentucky in August but there are just no misses in that lineup really.

Back