Movies

Army of the Dead on Netflix

Big load of balls but fun enough
After I just accepted that there would be tons of loopholes (which there is) I actually really enjoyed it. It doesn't take itself seriously and is juts a lot of fun.

The only slight annoying thing is that they left a lot of things unanswered because there is going to be an animated series that will answer then (
Including the random robot zombies that were thrown in but not explained

For some reason, wanted to go through the Resident Evil Series. There are like 5-6 of them or something. Got through 2, anyways, first one is fun - I've seen it several times. Finished the 2nd for the first time and thinking of stopping here - it's pretty bad... and not in a good way

For some reason, wanted to go through the Resident Evil Series. There are like 5-6 of them or something. Got through 2, anyways, first one is fun - I've seen it several times. Finished the 2nd for the first time and thinking of stopping here - it's pretty bad... and not in a good way
RIP

Hot take: I like both the Resident Evil and Silent Hill movies. Yes, they're terrible, but they're those type of movies I can just shut my brain off and enjoy, with just enough fan service to get me through them.
I've been working through the Alien/Predator/Alien VS Predatoror movies and after the first few it seems the same as what you described.

The quality drops massively but they are still fun. I just finished Alien Covenant last night which had some bad CGI but an ok storyline. I think I just have 'The Predator' left then im finished.

We also started the Final Destination series from the beginning the other day. Its been ages since I saw any of them but I imagine it will be the same 'so bad its good' situation.

I've been working through the Alien/Predator/Alien VS Predatoror movies and after the first few it seems the same as what you described.

The quality drops massively but they are still fun. I just finished Alien Covenant last night which had some bad CGI but an ok storyline. I think I just have 'The Predator' left then im finished.

We also started the Final Destination series from the beginning the other day. Its been ages since I saw any of them but I imagine it will be the same 'so bad its good' situation.

I love the first two Alien films , have a soft spot for the first Alien Vs Predator movie , the first Predator movie ..and massive disappointment with all the rest ...

I live in hope for a decent addition to the franchise

I love the first two Alien films , have a soft spot for the first Alien Vs Predator movie , the first Predator movie ..and massive disappointment with all the rest ...

I live in hope for a decent addition to the franchise
I have the same assessment as you and think the first 2 Aliens are great, and the first Predator, plus the first Alien Vs Predator.

I do like Predator 2 for the fact that they chose 1997 as the 'future' setting, it's so bad it's good. The story actually works and the characters are great.

The others (including Prometheus) didn't really add much and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem was just the worst cringefest ever - theres a part where they are on a helipad next to a helicopter and one of the characters shouts "Get to the chopper". A nice, if unsubtle, nod to Arnie but the fact they are metres away from it makes it a stupid phrase to cram in.

I watched Alien Covenant last night and thought the 'twist'
When the 2 android's, Walter & David, switch at the very end to put the crew in deep sleep and infect the other passengers
was obvious but really good and left it on an interesting end. Overall I liked the plot but the CGI wasn't as good as on others.

I have the same assessment as you and think the first 2 Aliens are great, and the first Predator, plus the first Alien Vs Predator.

I do like Predator 2 for the fact that they chose 1997 as the 'future' setting, it's so bad it's good. The story actually works and the characters are great.

The others (including Prometheus) didn't really add much and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem was just the worst cringefest ever - theres a part where they are on a helipad next to a helicopter and one of the characters shouts "Get to the chopper". A nice, if unsubtle, nod to Arnie but the fact they are metres away from it makes it a stupid phrase to cram in.

I watched Alien Covenant last night and thought the 'twist'
When the 2 android's, Walter & David, switch at the very end to put the crew in deep sleep and infect the other passengers
was obvious but really good and left it on an interesting end. Overall I liked the plot but the CGI wasn't as good as on others.
Yep ..Ridley has fecked up the prequels .... the trailers for Prometheus were awesome ..the film not ...

And Covenant was set up beautifully..and turned into the usual murder in the dark scenario ...

Still I’ve only been waiting since 1986 for another decent Alien movie ..I keep the faith

Ive only seen the first 3 Alien movies and Prometheus. I didn't watch any of the crossover stuff with predator. I think I was one of the few that enjoyed Prometheus.

I need to catch up. There was abandoned Neill blomkamp Alien that I was super excited for but it seem to have died

Ive only seen the first 3 Alien movies and Prometheus. I didn't watch any of the crossover stuff with predator. I think I was one of the few that enjoyed Prometheus.

I need to catch up. There was abandoned Neill blomkamp Alien that I was super excited for but it seem to have died
I really enjoyed Prometheus and Alien: Covenant.
Also, The Assembly Cut of Alien 3 is waaay better than the original theatrical cut. It’s obvious why Fincher disowned the originally released version.

Back