Movies

@chris_d_cole How'd you watch In the Heights, I'm hype as shit for this one
There was a special Mother's Day screening at a bunch of theaters across the country. Lucked out and saw a tweet about it and claimed a few tickets.

I loved it. There were some plot changes they made from stage to screen that didn't really make sense and took me out of it at certain points. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it again with adjusted expectations. But the big musical numbers are HUGE and the choreography and blocking and set design was all great. Definitely one to see in a theater if you're able. It may be my favorite movie musical since Chicago.

Wife was out of town so I watched a few movies she never had interest in.

1. Good Time - Did you like Uncut Gems but didn't think it was stressful enough? This movie is for you! Thought the first 20 minutes were the best stretch in a movie I've seen in a while. Falls apart a bit in the end though.

2. Okja - I'm unconvinced most people actually finished this movie. It's shockingly bad. Tonally is all over the place, and neither the broad comedy or the pig holocaust imagery work. Maybe a career low for both Tilda Swinton and Jake Gyllenhaal? Almost can't believe Bong's follow up movie was Parasite.

1. Okja - I'm unconvinced most people actually finished this movie. It's shockingly bad. Tonally is all over the place, and neither the broad comedy or the pig holocaust imagery work. Maybe a career low for both Tilda Swinton and Jake Gyllenhaal? Almost can't believe Bong's follow up movie was Parasite.
Jake Gyllenhaal in that movie sure is......something. Just over-acted the shit out of that character.

1. Good Time - Did you like Uncut Gems but didn't think it was stressful enough? This movie is for you! Thought the first 20 minutes were the best stretch in a movie I've seen in a while. Falls apart a bit in the end though.

2. Okja - I'm unconvinced most people actually finished this movie. It's shockingly bad. Tonally is all over the place, and neither the broad comedy or the pig holocaust imagery work. Maybe a career low for both Tilda Swinton and Jake Gyllenhaal? Almost can't believe Bong's follow up movie was Parasite.
I love both of these, and think Okja is a better movie than Snowpiercer. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I love both of these, and think Okja is a better movie than Snowpiercer. 🤷‍♂️
I didn't say Good Time was bad at all! Just where it worked and where it didn't.

Okja is hot trash. Should have been a kids movie. But then I guess you can't have a rape scene in it.

Jake Gyllenhaal in that movie sure is......something. Just over-acted the shit out of that character.
Jack Gyllenhaal seems dead-set on being the most alienating actor in Hollywood and I. Am. Here. For. It.
2f156a73e9b771fb22228ecfcc2058832526827a.gifv

Back