MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Just pulled the trigger on a MoFi Ultradeck with a Grado Opus3 cart from Upscale Audio. Had to do it today, seems overnight prices on the Ultradeck have jumped about $500 per option. Ultradeck with no cart is now showing as $2500 at a lot of places, including the local Hi-Fi shop I just visited today. When he told me the price of the UD with a Mastertracker is $3000 I almost died.... I thought he was trying to gouge me but when I got home I noticed that is in fact the price that MD is showing today.

Fortunately looks like Upscale Audio still has no cart option at $1999.99... I heard the MasterTracker in person today and while it sounded great I wanted to try something entirely different and love what I've heard about Grado here on the forums for years so thanks to @HiFi Guy and @JohnnyCashFan for providing those options, saved me some money and provided a new listening experience I imagine. Excited beyond belief to get this in my house!
And Upscale goes the extra mile on proper cartridge setup as well. You can’t put a price on that.

Just pulled the trigger on a MoFi Ultradeck with a Grado Opus3 cart from Upscale Audio. Had to do it today, seems overnight prices on the Ultradeck have jumped about $500 per option. Ultradeck with no cart is now showing as $2500 at a lot of places, including the local Hi-Fi shop I just visited today. When he told me the price of the UD with a Mastertracker is $3000 I almost died.... I thought he was trying to gouge me but when I got home I noticed that is in fact the price that MD is showing today.

Fortunately looks like Upscale Audio still has no cart option at $1999.99... I heard the MasterTracker in person today and while it sounded great I wanted to try something entirely different and love what I've heard about Grado here on the forums for years so thanks to @HiFi Guy and @JohnnyCashFan for providing those options, saved me some money and provided a new listening experience I imagine. Excited beyond belief to get this in my house!
Rad Christian! When do you expect to have it, next week ? I would suggest a good Billie Holiday to start!

Did you get the Mofi Record Weight btw ? If not I would get that next and the mofi cable too.

Where you able to listen to any VPI while there ? Interested in your opinion how they compared.

A quick trip to the Ikea for one of these for $20 is a good idea for under the table.

Wow, yeah I am not surprised. Material costs have absolutely skyrocketed across the board. I’m glad you were able to get your order in in the nick of time! Virtually all other manufacturers in that price range have had hikes, too.
I missed out on an open box UD with a MasterTracker for $1600 last week, was not going to risk the $1999 option disappearing lmao.

The inflation industry wide is pretty wicked, getting completely out of hand 😭. Happy to have joined the club before I had to plan on another 8-12 months of saving lol

Rad Christian! When do you expect to have it, next week ? I would suggest a good Billie Holiday to start!

Did you get the Mofi Record Weight btw ? If not I would get that next and the mofi cable too.

Where you able to listen to any VPI while there ? Interested in your opinion how they compared.

A quick trip to the Ikea for one of these for $20 is a good idea for under the table.
If Upscale ships from California I can’t imagine it won’t be here some time next week. I unfortunately couldn’t demo any VPIs since Upscale doesn’t seem to be doing in person visits right now, they’re leaning on their return policy if you’d like to try multiple options. So the VPI shootout remains unseen.

I did get to hear a Technics G and 1500C and considering the G is twice the price of the UD I didn’t find anything that made it worth waiting for. That being said, everything was hooked up to a completely different system.

I will definitely have my Songs for Distingue Lovers pressing ready to go, as well as my humble stack of MoFi pressings, seems only right.

Wow, yeah I am not surprised. Material costs have absolutely skyrocketed across the board. I’m glad you were able to get your order in in the nick of time! Virtually all other manufacturers in that price range have had hikes, too.
It's rough, your Cliffwood started at $900, I think, then went up to $1000 a couple years ago. Now it's $1500, a brutal 50% increase.

Yeah I think the fact that Russia is about to be sanctioned to the hilt, and they provide most of continental Europe’s gas, and China needs dealing with, and they manufacture everything, is going to see big increases across the board in the years to come…

Sorry for bringing politics into a gear thread…

I missed out on an open box UD with a MasterTracker for $1600 last week, was not going to risk the $1999 option disappearing lmao.
Oof! That’s a tough one. It’s alright - it’s on the way to you! I haven’t heard the Mastertracker, but I have heard the StudioTracker, and I can tell you you won’t be disappointed with that Opus!

It's rough, your Cliffwood started at $900, I think, then went up to $1000 a couple years ago. Now it's $1500, a brutal 50% increase.
Big time, you’re exactly right on those price increases. I got mine in the earlier days, it was Turntable Lab’s floor model. I’m thrilled with it for that price. If I were buying today, $1500, I dunno. Not sure I’d make that move. But then again, virtually all the $~1K tables are more in the $1500 range now - X2, StudioDeck… Almost makes the Regas seem not that bad in the US anymore!

I think you will love the Opus3. Here is a glance of what your getting.
1644119587080.png

Btw Grado does not recommend gel style or liquid stylus cleaners as they can get up into the cantilever , they simply recommend a stylus brush. I use the Mofi for $10.
Amazon product ASIN B00RXPTX30

Back