MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

I detached the anti skate and reapplied. It wasn’t tangled or anything. Must be the tonearm bearing.

Has anyone received a MoFi table with this issue?
I’ve seen one I think. I’ve also seen it with UTurn and Rega. All it takes is to have one of the ball bearings to be a little “off” to cause your problem. Unfortunately, it happens.

I use a OC9-III. Only issue for me, and it's likely audio OCD, is the OC9-III is 8 grams. The ani skate settings are:
Notch 2: 6g – 8g
Notch 3: 8g – 10g.

I forget which one I use now but I want a Notch 2.5! I believe it was the 6-8 notch that gave me some mistrackings towards the beginning of the record, changed it to the other notch and it's been fine.

The OC9XSL is 7.6 grams so you should be good to go.

I use a OC9-III. Only issue for me, and it's likely audio OCD, is the OC9-III is 8 grams. The ani skate settings are:
Notch 2: 6g – 8g
Notch 3: 8g – 10g.

I forget which one I use now but I want a Notch 2.5! I believe it was the 6-8 notch that gave me some mistrackings towards the beginning of the record, changed it to the other notch and it's been fine.

The OC9XSL is 7.6 grams so you should be good to go.
The 8-10 gram notch would be where I’d go. Remember the weight of the mounting hardware.

The 8-10 gram notch would be where I’d go. Remember the weight of the mounting hardware.
This was a problem that took me some time to figure out when I put the XML on my ultradeck tracks way better at notch 3 vs notch 2. Now pretty sure going to just get another xml after this one runs out. Had a Hana EL on before that and there is no comparison between the two. I love the ML stylus shape tracks like a beast

@AnthonyI Guess I should update this:

Turntable: UltraDeck / BigBen Record Weight Stabilizer
Cartridge: SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star ES
Amp: KingKo KA-101 Pro
Phono: Sutherland 20/20
Speakers: Klipsch Forte II (Crites upgrades)
Subwoofer: SVS PC-12 Plus
Power Conditioner: Panamax MR4000
Speaker Cable: BJC 12
Interconnects: Wireworld Terra 7
Headphones: Meze 99 Classics

The manual has always confused me regarding the anti-skate notches. How are they numbered? That is, is 1 furthest to the rear of the table or vise versa? To complicate things, the diagram in the manual seems to show 5 notches.

The manual has always confused me regarding the anti-skate notches. How are they numbered? That is, is 1 furthest to the rear of the table or vise versa? To complicate things, the diagram in the manual seems to show 5 notches.

The online pdf states:
Each notch reads from front to back

But it doesn't say which way is front! :devilish: Reminds me of sitting through a local hearing about an old barn. The barn was between the road and house, which is a code violation. The barn owner argued that his house was actually sideways and didn't face the street because of the door they used most often. This would put his barn in his side yard, not front yard. The neighbor who was complaining, because of water run off, just about lost his mind hearing this.

The online pdf states:

But it doesn't say which way is front! :devilish: Reminds me of sitting through a local hearing about an old barn. The barn was between the road and house, which is a code violation. The barn owner argued that his house was actually sideways and didn't face the street because of the door they used most often. This would put his barn in his side yard, not front yard. The neighbor who was complaining, because of water run off, just about lost his mind hearing this.
;)

MoFi_Electronics_StudioDeck_Turntable_06_Top_1000x.jpg

The online pdf states:

Just from a physics standpoint, it’s a lever, so hanging the weight closer to the end of the spindle gives you higher moment.

Signal Cable Analog Two interconnects, also low capacitance. I did need to add a ground wire, if you ask nicely they might include one with your order no charge. It does appear however that they raised their prices recently, so Blue Jeans are the better deal.
A little late but these are what I have on my UD. For the ground wire, I just took the one off the cable that MoFi included. Those RCAs pulled apart like a twizzler

Turntable: StudioDeck / Super Heavy Weight
Cartridge: Studiotracker
Amp: Yamaha RX 730
Phono: Cambridge Alva Solo
Speakers: Kenwood JL 870

I too was having issues with skipping, ended up moving the rubber mount in between the first and second hoop and problem fixed. To those with the Heavy Weight, is it normal for the tone arm to be this close at the end of the record? 1 or 2 more mm and the tone arm will hit the weight. Also, the weight seems to be wobbling and not leveled with the records. Aside from that, I'm happy. I upgraded from a Planar 1 with Rega Bias 2 cartridge.

Last edited:
Back