MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

I’ve never seen that. I’ve used liquid cleaners for years with no issues.
straight from the horses mouth (Rich Grado) who gets in the repairs and damaged units. Albeit with a abundance of caution I'm sure. If you use, use at your own risk just take extra caution not to get any liquid on the cantilever.

The Studiodeck starts at $1599 now. Dangerous waters when compared to the Technics GR. Some won’t purchase the GR because of the cosmetics and “DJ” pedigree though.
Does anywhere have the Technics GR in stock, I don't think I've seen one for sale, ready to ship, in what seems like a year.

When the time comes to trade in, I will be trading up to a Sonata (made from Australian Jarrah) from the Opus3 (Maple), Better stylus and slighly fuller sound.
I was wondering, do you know what is the difference between the Opus3 and the Platinum3, apart from the wood and $125? The stylus and specs appear to be identical.

I was wondering, do you know what is the difference between the Opus3 and the Platinum3, apart from the wood and $125? The stylus and specs appear to be identical.
The body shapes are also slightly different and I bet the diamond is better quality as well Dan. I have asked Rich.G and will report back after he replies.

Last edited:
straight from the horses mouth (Rich Grado) who gets in the repairs and damaged units. Albeit with a abundance of caution I'm sure. If you use, use at your own risk just take extra caution not to get any liquid on the cantilever.
Linn Audio also state no liquid cleaner on their higher end Kandid cartridge due to corrosion issues.
Turntable Maintenance - LinnDocs

I think you will love the Opus3. Here is a glance of what your getting.
View attachment 127815

Btw Grado does not recommend gel style or liquid stylus cleaners as they can get up into the cantilever , they simply recommend a stylus brush. I use the Mofi for $10.
Amazon product ASIN B00RXPTX30
That stylus brush came with my UD. Not sure if it’s because I got it with a cart though.

@Ghost congrats dude! You’re gonna love it. The only recommendation I have is to buy a better interconnect cable. The one that comes with the UD is rubbish. If you don’t have one, there are some good options people here can recommend. I got the Signal Analogue Two interconnects which are nice and not too expensive. But they do take a few weeks to get. And ask for a ground wire with it if you can. Otherwise I just pulled the included RCA cable apart and used the grounding cable that’s included which I think works fine.

That stylus brush came with my UD. Not sure if it’s because I got it with a cart though.

@Ghost congrats dude! You’re gonna love it. The only recommendation I have is to buy a better interconnect cable. The one that comes with the UD is rubbish. If you don’t have one, there are some good options people here can recommend. I got the Signal Analogue Two interconnects which are nice and not too expensive. But they do take a few weeks to get. And ask for a ground wire with it if you can. Otherwise I just pulled the included RCA cable apart and used the grounding cable that’s included which I think works fine.
Thank you, I’m already staring down delivery men and it hasn’t even shipped yet. It will be a tough wait lmao.

Idek what you mean by an interconnect cable 😬.

Thank you, I’m already staring down delivery men and it hasn’t even shipped yet. It will be a tough wait lmao.

He's talking about the cable you run from the turntable to the phono stage. I'd start with what you're using now, see how introducing the new deck into the chain improves the sound.

@dansomeone is right. I meant the cable going from turntable to the preamp/Amp. Usually has the red and white plugs on the end for left/right. It’s a good way to upgrade the sound a little bit. I noticed a difference in sound when I swapped out the stock MoFi one for a new cable

Dust cover came in today, I think I like it. Not really practical and a bit expensive($100) for what it is, but I'm happy.

Back