MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Gah

*makes savings goal for a $200 hockey puck reluctantly*
I have one that has been mostly gathering dust since I picked up the Starsound Platter Ground. I always planned to keep it to help sell the table as a package whenever that time comes. And I have this weird packrat mentality going on with my audio gear. BUT I have been eyeing a new tent...

I'm not saying it's for sale, but I am saying I'm now thinking about it.

I have one that has been mostly gathering dust since I picked up the Starsound Platter Ground. I always planned to keep it to help sell the table as a package whenever that time comes. And I have this weird packrat mentality going on with my audio gear. BUT I have been eyeing a new tent...

I'm not saying it's for sale, but I am saying I'm now thinking about it.
Alright wiseguy, what’s your number 🕺

Gah

*makes savings goal for a $200 hockey puck reluctantly*
Christian, Here is a article on the DIY Ikea $20 Bamboo isolation butcher block hack. Most just use a board under their table, but you could try the ball bearings and double blocks if you wanted for not much money.

Last edited:
Christian, Here is a article on the DIY Ikea $20 Bamboo isolation butcher block hack. Most just use a board under their table, but you could try the balls bearings and double blocks if you want.
This is certainly not a bad idea, but this isn’t the same as the record weight being discussed.

Just pulled the trigger on a MoFi Ultradeck with a Grado Opus3 cart from Upscale Audio. Had to do it today, seems overnight prices on the Ultradeck have jumped about $500 per option. Ultradeck with no cart is now showing as $2500 at a lot of places, including the local Hi-Fi shop I just visited today. When he told me the price of the UD with a Mastertracker is $3000 I almost died.... I thought he was trying to gouge me but when I got home I noticed that is in fact the price that MD is showing today.

Fortunately looks like Upscale Audio still has no cart option at $1999.99... I heard the MasterTracker in person today and while it sounded great I wanted to try something entirely different and love what I've heard about Grado here on the forums for years so thanks to @HiFi Guy and @JohnnyCashFan for providing those options, saved me some money and provided a new listening experience I imagine. Excited beyond belief to get this in my house!
Well, thanks to your post, I’m also waiting on an Ultradeck from Upscale, but I went w the Mastertracker, and they’re on backorder, so I won’t have mine for another 3-4 weeks.

And you saved me $500 bc I was about to buy from another seller, and I pulled the trigger within 15 minutes of reading it bc it was Sunday and I didn’t want UA to catch up and change pricing on Monday! I’ve been very happy w/ my Fluance turntable (used RT82 w/ acrylic platter that I upgraded to Ortofon OM20), but it’s the weakest link in my system, and I’ve been pining for a jump up. I’m sure this will be one, and I hope I like it!

Bit by bit, I’m slogging through the entire thread from page 1. I still have a long way to go and am in no rush. It’s been good to read insight/advice/opinions from people well more experienced than I am with this stuff.

Well, thanks to your post, I’m also waiting on an Ultradeck from Upscale, but I went w the Mastertracker, and they’re on backorder, so I won’t have mine for another 3-4 weeks.

And you saved me $500 bc I was about to buy from another seller, and I pulled the trigger within 15 minutes of reading it bc it was Sunday and I didn’t want UA to catch up and change pricing on Monday! I’ve been very happy w/ my Fluance turntable (used RT82 w/ acrylic platter that I upgraded to Ortofon OM20), but it’s the weakest link in my system, and I’ve been pining for a jump up. I’m sure this will be one, and I hope I like it!

Bit by bit, I’m slogging through the entire thread from page 1. I still have a long way to go and am in no rush. It’s been good to read insight/advice/opinions from people well more experienced than I am with this stuff.
I did the same with my Lintons when the price went up. Wasn’t planning on buying them when I did but the price had gone up in most places and found a pair at the old price!

Got a question for the MoFi crew. I've noticed that the vocals are a little less crisp than I'd like. I brighten the vocals up with a Bellari 4-band EQ, and it works fairly well. I'm just curious if this is the common sound profile for the MoFi StudioDeck? I don't think there is an issue with the turntable or cartridge as I just verified alignment via the GeoDisc and tracking force is set to 2.00g.

MasterTracker--> StudioDeck--> Darlington MM-6--> Rolls Bellari EQ570--> Yamaha A-S501--> KEF LS50 Meta

Does this make me a bad influence or good influence in your household?

Is just the cart on backorder or the deck as well? 3-4 weeks is excruciatingggggg, I wish you the best. Be strong!

Does this make me a bad influence or good influence in your household?

Is just the cart on backorder or the deck as well? 3-4 weeks is excruciatingggggg, I wish you the best. Be strong!
If my wife doesn’t divorce me for being compulsive and anal retentive about music (well, really about most things) when she’s perfectly happy w/ a Bluetooth speaker, you’ve been great. Otherwise, . . .

Only cart is on backorder. I’m ok waiting, and it’ll be good to not spend money on music for a bit, and it pushed me into action to thin the herd a little by selling some records to help pay for it. I owe you a finder’s fee for mentioning Upscale’s prices.

If my wife doesn’t divorce me for being compulsive and anal retentive about music (well, really about most things) when she’s perfectly happy w/ a Bluetooth speaker, you’ve been great. Otherwise, . . .

Only cart is on backorder. I’m ok waiting, and it’ll be good to not spend money on music for a bit, and it pushed me into action to thin the herd a little by selling some records to help pay for it. I owe you a finder’s fee for mentioning Upscale’s prices.
You got in just under the wire. Upscale is showing the new price now.

Back