MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Yea I was surprised!

View attachment 113507
Almost looks like it was snapped off in shipping at some point. Aside from that, I can’t find anything else wrong with it. Not a single scuff or anything.

Good call about reaching out to MoFi about a replacement head shell.
It's been a while since I had the UD, but shouldn't the cart be pretty close to "straight" in relation to the front of the headshell? Might just be the picture, but it looks like it's turned towards the spindle a lot..

It's been a while since I had the UD, but shouldn't the cart be pretty close to "straight" in relation to the front of the headshell? Might just be the picture, but it looks like it's turned towards the spindle a lot..
its mostly the angle but i'm going to double check everything with the geodisc later today! (and i took that pic before I initially tweaked the alignment)

XYNylT6.jpg

its mostly the angle but i'm going to double check everything with the geodisc later today! (and i took that pic before I initially tweaked the alignment)
Oh, I see what you're saying now. Yeah, the cart doesn't quite look lined up. GeoDisc should get everything in line.

Now I want an Ultradeck 🥺
Gotta give it some more breaking in but I like what I’m hearing so far. Like @AnthonyI said, I could definitely see this being my end game turntable. It’s way more than I ever anticipated spending on a turntable but I’ve been getting so much use out of my TT the past two years or so that I figured it was a nice way to treat myself.

Gotta give it some more breaking in but I like what I’m hearing so far. Like @AnthonyI said, I could definitely see this being my end game turntable. It’s way more than I ever anticipated spending on a turntable but I’ve been getting so much use out of my TT the past two years or so that I figured it was a nice way to treat myself.
Absolutely, right there with you. Hoping this next deck will be endgame for me spare an obscene accumulation of wealth lol. Going to be a shoot out between the UD, Technics SL1200GR, and that new Thorens TD 1500. My Fluance is officially the weakest link in my system and it unfortunately plays that way, there’s a lot of instances on that Bill Withers album that come across very tinny/harsh with the Fluance. Should be ready for the upgrade some time next year 🙏🏼

Absolutely, right there with you. Hoping this next deck will be endgame for me spare an obscene accumulation of wealth lol. Going to be a shoot out between the UD, Technics SL1200GR, and that new Thorens TD 1500. My Fluance is officially the weakest link in my system and it unfortunately plays that way, there’s a lot of instances on that Bill Withers album that come across very tinny/harsh with the Fluance. Should be ready for the upgrade some time next year 🙏🏼
I wouldn’t be afraid of open box at a reputable site like MD or some of the other good sellers people mention around here. You can save quite a lot and the few cases I’ve had so far have worked out nicely.

Not only treating yourself but also treating the records you have and continue to buy. Of course minus the ones that are badly pressed.

Hey all.. I cleaned out the garage the other day and found a brand new dustcover for my old UltraDeck that I'd forgotten I had. Still in box from factory. If interested shoot me a PM. I'd rather give it to someone here then sell it.. I'll gather any interested names in a hat on Friday and ship it out next week! Let me know!!View attachment 112934
It's on its way Scorpio.. enjoy!

Back