MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Thoughts on the MasterTracker cart? I'm looking into open box UltraDecks (and maybe StudioDecks but I figure I may as well go for the UD...). There are some open boxes with MasterTrackers included or am I better off buying my own cart? I don't have any spare carts lying around so would need to buy something.

Also, what's a decent price on an open box UltraDeck with/without cart? Audio Advice has an open box ultradeck with master tracker for $2,100 but I've never purchased open box from them.
In case you may be interested, I have a 2M Bronze that I am not using at the moment. Not sure how to compares vs MT.

In case you may be interested, I have a 2M Bronze that I am not using at the moment. Not sure how to compares vs MT.
i forgot i DO have a bronze that was on my other TT before swapping for the Grado Gold 3. thanks for the offer though! I may end up using the Bronze if i find an openbox ultradeck without cart for a good price.

Hey, you can even upgrade to the black anf join @Mather in the craziness of his world!
200.gif

Thoughts on the MasterTracker cart? I'm looking into open box UltraDecks (and maybe StudioDecks but I figure I may as well go for the UD...). There are some open boxes with MasterTrackers included or am I better off buying my own cart? I don't have any spare carts lying around so would need to buy something.

Also, what's a decent price on an open box UltraDeck with/without cart? Audio Advice has an open box ultradeck with master tracker for $2,100 but I've never purchased open box from them.
If you can get a good deal on a UD with the MasterTracker grab it. If you've settles on the MoFi though, I would hold out for the UD, it's definitely in the "End Game" category in my opinion. Considering the UD is running $2k without a cart, that $2100 is looking like a good deal considering the cart retails for $800.

Considering my turntable history, I can’t really imagine owning a better turntable than me UltraDeck. Maybe if I hit a jackpot at 1:03am I could afford to buy something better. I agree with @AnthonyI that it is an endgame piece of equipment.
My only concern is finding a cartridge equivalent to the MasterTracker because I don’t really want to pay $800 for a new cartridge and I’d prefer something that would allow buying a replacement stylus.

Getting an UD with a MT for $2100 really is a great deal. You’re paying $200 for the cart which is half of what MusicDirect is charging for it when you purchase the UD through them.

@MikeH I’m curious what the problem is with the UD at AA that it’s labeled as good condition. They have an UD with UT that’s graded excellent and is a $100 less.

@MikeH I’m curious what the problem is with the UD at AA that it’s labeled as good condition. They have an UD with UT that’s graded excellent and is a $100 less.
I asked them and the guy said the warehouse doesn’t tell them what’s wrong with it. It could have some kind of surface mark or could be missing a dust cover or an AC plug for all I know. He said they do accept returns though so I may chance it…it does seem kinda crazy that nobody there knows what the issue is with it though so it gives me pause.

This is what they say qualifies as “good”

Products in Good condition show minor to moderate signs of use that may affect cosmetic appearance, but have no impact on performance. If the product has a screen, it is intact and fully functional, with no visible blemishes in the viewing area. Cosmetic damage may include minor scratches, scuffs or dings that occur from normal use of the product. A Good condition product does not include dents, cracks or deep scratches. Original packaging may not be present, and nonessential parts or accessories might be missing, such as a commonly available cable or remote.

Considering my turntable history, I can’t really imagine owning a better turntable than me UltraDeck. Maybe if I hit a jackpot at 1:03am I could afford to buy something better. I agree with @AnthonyI that it is an endgame piece of equipment.
My only concern is finding a cartridge equivalent to the MasterTracker because I don’t really want to pay $800 for a new cartridge and I’d prefer something that would allow buying a replacement stylus.

Getting an UD with a MT for $2100 really is a great deal. You’re paying $200 for the cart which is half of what MusicDirect is charging for it when you purchase the UD through them.
There are plenty of solid options beyond the MasterTracker that are more than affordable and sound amazing. Toss the Opus3 on there and you'll be happy as a clam, doesn't have a user replaceable stylus, but don't let the cost of finding a replacement for the MT be any cause of worry, trust me, I've run a slew of cartridges on the UD and there is something for everyone at every price point that will sound great.

I will say I’m very happy with my MasterTracker and I’m very surprised at how long it’s lasted. Granted, my spin time has come down a lot this past 18 months. But I’m still running strong on my original MT.

Has anyone experimented with different tracking forces on the UD+M, within the manufacturer's recommendations of 1.8-2.2g? What did you observe?
I generally run toward the top end of the recommended tracking force. In theory it sacrifices a wee bit of balance in favor of improved tracking on difficult records, but I can't say I've ever had an issue with the way it sounded.

The Ultradeck has landed!! Currently spinning the VMP Bill Withers +Justments and it sounds real good. Such a big improvement over my last TT that I had in my living room.

Turns out it was on sale so much because the little piece on the end of the tonearm that you can lift the tonearm with was broken off, but they included the piece and pretty sure I can superglue it easily back on. it's fine with me for the discount i got the table at. ended up getting it for $700 less than retail with the coupon code and open box discount. excited to listen to a bunch of stuff today since i'm working at home!

The Ultradeck has landed!! Currently spinning the VMP Bill Withers +Justments and it sounds real good. Such a big improvement over my last TT that I had in my living room.

Turns out it was on sale so much because the little piece on the end of the tonearm that you can lift the tonearm with was broken off, but they included the piece and pretty sure I can superglue it easily back on. it's fine with me for the discount i got the table at. ended up getting it for $700 less than retail with the coupon code and open box discount. excited to listen to a bunch of stuff today since i'm working at home!
That headshell is metal. I'm honestly kind of impressed anyone could snap it off.

Might be worth reaching out to MoFi to see how much a replacement headshell would run you.

That headshell is metal. I'm honestly kind of impressed anyone could snap it off.

Might be worth reaching out to MoFi to see how much a replacement headshell would run you.
Yea I was surprised!

2E420300-10F0-46F5-9BC2-C86F4B00A636.jpeg
Almost looks like it was snapped off in shipping at some point. Aside from that, I can’t find anything else wrong with it. Not a single scuff or anything.

Good call about reaching out to MoFi about a replacement head shell.

Back