MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

hey everybody,I am so happy to join the mofi family, I am a user who is considering replacing the original cartridge with hana sl。

Turntable: Studiodeck
Cartridge: Nagaoka MP-300
Amp: quad artera solus play & quad artera stereo
Phono: Teac PE-505
Phono cable : Van den hul the d-102iii
Speakers: Fyne Audio F500
Speaker Cable: inakustik ls-603
Welcome, the Hana SL is my favorite cart to date and sounded great on my UltraDeck ;)

hey everybody,I am so happy to join the mofi family, I am a user who is considering replacing the Mp-300 with hana sl。
Is this Match with studiodeck?have any suggestions?

Turntable: Studiodeck
Cartridge: Nagaoka MP-300
Amp: quad artera solus play & quad artera stereo
Phono: Teac PE-505
Phono cable : Van den hul the d-102iii
Speakers: Fyne Audio F500
Speaker Cable: inakustik ls-603
I have a Hana SL on my Ultradeck and its been a perfect union in my opinion. Absolutely in love with the thing.

I have a Ultradeck with a Master tracker cartridge . Its about a year old and I am happy with it but a replacement will likely be required in a year or so . Has anyone compared this cartridge with the Hana SL which appears to be getting good reviews .

I have a Ultradeck with a Master tracker cartridge . Its about a year old and I am happy with it but a replacement will likely be required in a year or so . Has anyone compared this cartridge with the Hana SL which appears to be getting good reviews .
The MasterTracker is a very competent cartridge, but it’s a definite third place behind the SAE and SoundSmith on my system. I believe the SAE has some design commonalities with the Hana, at least older versions of it, though the SAE is a high output MC, so it’s closer to the Hana SH.

Thx,I am actually satisfied with the performance of mp-300, but want to try MC cartridge.
I have both the MP-300 and the Hana SL, but on different decks than a MoFi. I love the sound of the Hana SL on my VPI Traveler, but found the MP-300 to be highly competitive when I upgraded to a Luxman PD-151 Mk2.

Last edited:
Very nice. Makes me wish I had sprung for the UD rather than the SD. Although I'm very happy with the SD/OC9XSL combo, I always wonder.
About a year ago I started with a Studiodeck which was a demo from the dealer . It had a lot of problems so returned it for the UD and I did notice quite a bit of difference as you would expect . After this I upgraded all my power cables in the system along with the two wall outlets and the RCA cable to the TT and I was very shocked with the improvement . I have always been leary about tweeks , but this worked for me .

First post... Hi everybody from winter in New Zealand!
Spent a great morning setting up my new Studiodeck and Studiotracker. Already running out of cleaned records to play.
Replaced 40 year old(!) Planar 3.
Next upgrades (as finances allow):
  1. Mofi dustlid
  2. Mofi heavyweight
  3. Audiotechnica tonearm lifter
  4. Phone preamp (Mofi?)
  5. Cartridge
  6. Stereo amp with HT bypass (NAD 399?)
Any idea why a standard cartridge alignment protractor would be way out for the B point? Is it because of the tonearm length?20230705_144421.jpg

Spent a great morning setting up my new Studiodeck and Studiotracker. Already running out of cleaned records to play.
  1. Mofi dustlid
  2. Mofi heavyweight
  4. Phone preamp (Mofi?)
  5. Cartridge
Any idea why a standard cartridge alignment protractor would be way out for the B point? Is it because of the tonearm length?View attachment 176882
Hello and welcome! Always fun to have a Kiwi around.

How far off is your B point? It may be as simple as the StudioDeck having a different default alignment than the protractor you’re using.

1. Mofi dustlid
  2. Mofi heavyweight
  4. Phone preamp (Mofi?)
  5. Cartridge
Any idea why a standard cartridge alignment protractor would be way out for the B point? Is it because of the tonearm length?View attachment 176882
Welcome from a fellow commonwealth country on the far side of the world .

Did you solve your concern re point B on the alignment protractor . If you look at post 1,161 page 59 you will see a discussion on this subject and if you google cartridge alignment protractors for MOFI TT lots of information will come up .

Good luck .

Doh! Feel pretty stupid... I thought that when the needle lined up with one point, it would line up with the other if overhang was set correctly. Didn't realise that I needed to move the alignment protractor. Figured it out now.
Also, have installed AudioTechnica at6006r tonearm lifter: it's tiny, and fiddly to install, but is good quality and works smoothly and consistently (so far). Most difficult bit is remembering to reset it after each side.

Doh! Feel pretty stupid... I thought that when the needle lined up with one point, it would line up with the other if overhang was set correctly. Didn't realise that I needed to move the alignment protractor. Figured it out now.
Also, have installed AudioTechnica at6006r tonearm lifter: it's tiny, and fiddly to install, but is good quality and works smoothly and consistently (so far). Most difficult bit is remembering to reset it after each side.
I use a tonearm lifter made in Canada called Truelift and I have to keep reminding myself to reset it so you are not the only one .

I also use the Audio Technica safety raiser and love it. Once you make pressing it part of your routine it becomes second nature.

Last edited:
I also use the Audio Technica safety raider and love it. Once you make pressing it part of your routine it becomes second nature.
Funny how these lifters function along the same lines and look a bit different . Being a Canadian product I went with Truelift , picture below .
original

Hi first post here. A StudioDeck owner.

I do have a question/query about the pivot to spindle distance of these tables. I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but there are a lot of pages and I haven't read them all yet, and I just don't remember where it was.

Two numbers were mentioned, namely 237.77mm and I think it was 236mm.

Now I asked Mofi about 3-4 years ago, and they told me 237.77, however it does make me wonder where 236mm comes from.

Hi first post here. A StudioDeck owner.

I do have a question/query about the pivot to spindle distance of these tables. I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but there are a lot of pages and I haven't read them all yet, and I just don't remember where it was.

Two numbers were mentioned, namely 237.77mm and I think it was 236mm.

Now I asked Mofi about 3-4 years ago, and they told me 237.77, however it does make me wonder where 236mm comes from.
Apparently 236mm comes from both a member measuring their own table and a presentation by one of the sales directors at MoFi: MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Back