MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

I think this may actually be incorrect per the above email from MoFi:

So the outermost notch is Notch 4.
Who knows, but going by the manual and that the example in the manual shows the UltraTracker on notch 3, it's correct per the manual.............that's all I got, lol.

That said, I've had no issues using the notches as notated in the manual during the time I had the UD.

Who knows, but going by the manual and that the example in the manual shows the UltraTracker on notch 3, it's correct per the manual.............that's all I got, lol.

That said, I've had no issues using the notches as notated in the manual during the time I had the UD.
I mean, it's entirely MoFi's fault for constantly noting 'four notches' when there are five on there. They really should have issued a corrected manual by this point.

I think @kvetcha is right. 1st notch from the post is not counted. Second notch being 1 and last outermost notch being 4.
Yes to add my two cents worth , my understanding is the same, easier to count from the end of the pin ie furthest from the post . This notch is number 4 . I agree wish MOFI would label the notches in the manual .

I managed to improve the cue lever with CPU temp paste as it's generally thicker than the thickest grease I have but I definitely need much thicker silicone grease to get the drop to be slower. Anyone got a product that will suit this purpose?

Honestly, I'd just reach out to MoFi and ask them about it.

I managed to improve the cue lever with CPU temp paste as it's generally thicker than the thickest grease I have but I definitely need much thicker silicone grease to get the drop to be slower. Anyone got a product that will suit this purpose?
Like Anthonyl said reach out to MOFI . I remember seeing in past threads issues associated with the cue lever fall and oil leaks on the deck . If I remember correctly there is a oil dampened piston that controls the fall rate and it has leaked in some cases .

OK, if this doesn't get resolved. I will ask if they can send just the cue lever that works properly. Its a simple install. Thanks.
Forgot to welcome you to the forum , you are one long way away from North America .

When you started to have problems with the drop did you notice any oil leaking from the piston in the cue lever ? I expect you would see it on the deck under the cue . Is the unit a new one , if it is I would consider returning it , if used did the previous owner note any problems . Contacting MOFI can be a slow process and my experience is they want you to approach the dealer first to try to deal with the issue as they appear to prefer working with the dealer. You just have to keep after them .

Good luck .

Looks like a big StudioDeck closeout sale going on. I wonder what this means for the line moving forward?

I think it might be eventually phased out, or have a permanent price drop. There are some appealing tables sitting at the $1k mark now and let's face it, the MoFi brand may have taken a little hit over recent months.

Honestly, if I had $1k to burn on a second table I might be looking at an Orbit Theory pretty closely, I'd grab a StudioDeck for a good price though, it's still a solid turntable, I think it's just not sitting at a competitive price point at full retail.

..........just my 2 cents ;)

I think it might be eventually phased out, or have a permanent price drop. There are some appealing tables sitting at the $1k mark now and let's face it, the MoFi brand may have taken a little hit over recent months.

Honestly, if I had $1k to burn on a second table I might be looking at an Orbit Theory pretty closely, I'd grab a StudioDeck for a good price though, it's still a solid turntable, I think it's just not sitting at a competitive price point at full retail.

Yeah agreed, that seems like the most likely scenario. I don't love what this probably means for resale value on my StudioDeck when the time comes... :)

Most things you buy unless it's a Rolex you can forget about good resale value. I rather keep the tt than resell it.
I have an old Dual 505-2 turntable 1986 that still works with a reasonable cartridge and I am amazed at the resale price so I think it depends on the equipment . For most pieces the resale value as you note can be limited .

Totally agree, Anthony. I think sub-$1K, the StudioDeck is an excellent grab. Where it's currently retail priced, they just shot too high with inflation.

hey everybody,I am so happy to join the mofi family, I am a user who is considering replacing the Mp-300 with hana sl。
Is this Match with studiodeck?have any suggestions?

Turntable: Studiodeck
Cartridge: Nagaoka MP-300
Amp: quad artera solus play & quad artera stereo
Phono: Teac PE-505
Phono cable : Van den hul the d-102iii
Speakers: Fyne Audio F500
Speaker Cable: inakustik ls-603

Last edited:
Back