Magnolia Record Club

Listening to Delta Spirit right now. It’s a nice enough pressing. I’ve seen some grumbling about the mock up, but it’s supposedly hand poured so it was never gonna look like the mock anyhow. Content wise... I’m undecided half way through first listen. It’s got a big poppy sound, arena ready. Nothing wrong with that... nothing great either. It’s not exactly a listen that’s demanding my attention either. Probably will need to give it a couple more spins before I make up my mind about it.

Listening to Delta Spirit right now. It’s a nice enough pressing. I’ve seen some grumbling about the mock up, but it’s supposedly hand poured so it was never gonna look like the mock anyhow. Content wise... I’m undecided half way through first listen. It’s got a big poppy sound, arena ready. Nothing wrong with that... nothing great either. It’s not exactly a listen that’s demanding my attention either. Probably will need to give it a couple more spins before I make up my mind about it.
I think that's a totally fair assessment. I was definitely in just the right mood for it when I put it on for the first time.

I think that's a totally fair assessment. I was definitely in just the right mood for it when I put it on for the first time.
I mean I don’t dislike it. If I had heard it before buying, I probably wouldn’t have bought. But now I’ve got it, so it’ll get a fair shake. ***He says as he is currently giving a record a second spin when he received it prior to Covidocalypse.***

On a radio station Zoom event right now...

Zach from The Lone Bellow is making a new solo album produced by the folks from White Denim. Since he's on Dualtone, I'd suspect MRC will do something with it.

Cannot WAIT to hear that!

Got mine yesterday too. Only listened once so far but love it.
It is something else. Really good. Not what I was expecting from the singles, I think it walks the line between the old time sound of their first album and the modern landscape better than any other act has. This is kind of what I expected Good Things to be like.

Back