Magnolia Record Club

Got my package today. A nice gash in the Needtobreathe front jacket. Emailed in.

My wife caved and listened to it on Spotify last week. She wasn't a huge fan, which is disappointing as that's the whole reason why I didn't swap. Oh well.

They haven’t done back catalog releases as their record of the month but now would be a good time to start. I’m saying it isn’t happening but what do I know. I just want Stapleton as a ROTM.
Me too.

Magnolia hasn't, yet, but they did her last album and Vinyl Den did the reissue of Live at Benaroya

I have an informed delivery package coming from Old Hickory but no shipping notice.

Finally giving this needtobreathe a dedicated listen. Can’t wait for my wife to give me shit about listening to Christian music. Lol.

Btw, I like it. Also like the return to a more Worship type material. Wish it was a little deeper theologically though.

Haven’t listened yet... will report back... hey @sweet curds ( @Indymisanthrope )?
Can’t speak to the vinyl, but I like the tunes better than their last album. It’s a far cry from the sparser Americana arrangements of their early work, but it goes for big feels and mostly sticks the landing IMO. Don’t know that it’s gonna stand the test of time, but I thought it was a very pleasant surprise from a band I had sort of written off several years ago.

/ saccharine swiss out

Can’t speak to the vinyl, but I like the tunes better than their last album. It’s a far cry from the sparser Americana arrangements of their early work, but it goes for big feels and mostly sticks the landing IMO. Don’t know that it’s gonna stand the test of time, but I thought it was a very pleasant surprise from a band I had sort of written off several years ago.

/ saccharine swiss out
I rather enjoyed it and thought it sounded great...ended up flipping and spinning the album for a second run right after the first.

You be the judge on mock comparison.,

IMG_4999.jpg

Delta Spirit - What Is There [Magnolia Exclusive] – Magnolia Record Club.png

I rather enjoyed it and thought it sounded great...ended up flipping and spinning the album for a second run right after the first.

You be the judge on mock comparison.,

View attachment 66455

View attachment 66456
I just opened my copy to check. It doesn't have the semi-metallic sheen in the mock, but the color & marbling are about right (but isn't photographing well).

Back