Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

I’m just gonna be lazy... my copy of The Next Day is mp3, my vinyl Black Star is in the flipbin, my cd copy is on a shelf in a closet.
Vinyl section:
D158A586-BBA3-469F-9EF5-3B90DCC486E8.jpeg
old cd binders:

07E568AB-F432-49D5-83D1-08703BE594B4.jpeg701A8D88-512A-4AB5-8193-389247A96ACF.jpeg2827ACFF-112B-48A7-AD14-AAA72DBE4FF6.jpegEC5D6A89-4B24-44E8-A076-5015BC829A02.jpeg2B45E69E-C0BA-4CDC-82B3-9631F480CD1E.jpeg
I have Best of, Ziggy Stardust The Morion Picture and Reality Tour on DVD

Last edited:
The David Buckley one Strange Fascination is closest to a biography, though the focus is on recording sessions and records. I like the 2 Chris O'Leary books because he writes about each song Bowie recorded. You can pick it up and put it down easily.
Thanks for this, added to my holiday wish list!

I own under 250 records and thinking that 500 will be my cap. Interested in different storage ideas...I really like those record shelves similar to what record stores use.

20191128_010920.jpg

Standard LPs are held in the 2x2 Kallax shown in the above photo. The black Drona box holds records that I am contemplating selling or (when I feel comfortable joining in) using for PIFs.

20191128_011042.jpg

The left box on top of the dresser has VMP RotMs & exclusives, Music From Memory releases, Musique Plastique releases, and Bandcamp releases (primarily Japanese music).
The right box contains oversized records, boxsets, VGM vinyl, and a few bootlegs.

I own under 250 records and thinking that 500 will be my cap. Interested in different storage ideas...I really like those record shelves similar to what record stores use.

It may not be what you are looking for....but this is an easy record stand to make.

Unfortunately some of the images are now blurred thanks to photobucket, and I'm not sure if all the links to the PDF files are still working. The thread is still active, so if you need any assistance I'm sure someone on Audiokarma will help you.

I made one of these years ago and it worked great. It was a few houses ago, and I got rid of it when I moved.

It may not be what you are looking for....but this is an easy record stand to make.

Unfortunately some of the images are now blurred thanks to photobucket, and I'm not sure if all the links to the PDF files are still working. The thread is still active, so if you need any assistance I'm sure someone on Audiokarma will help you.

I made one of these years ago and it worked great. It was a few houses ago, and I got rid of it when I moved.

And it looks like my image is gone....I also used Photobucket back in 2011 and recently got tired of all the blurry images and closed the account.

From the (appropriately declared) blurry images in the link, those shelves are exactly spot-on as for what I'm looking for. Bookmarking.

Thank you, @LeeVing :)

From the (appropriately declared) blurry images in the link, those shelves are exactly spot-on as for what I'm looking for. Bookmarking.

Thank you, @LeeVing :)

No problem. I saw that a few users posted up their modified cut lists as a PDF, so even tho that first post is fucked - there are others that you can grab.

Australian Kallax kids! If you’re wanting to get your records flush I’d recommend getting this airtight tape from Daiso. $2.80 and it does the job. Could maybe be a little taller, but it works.

B0E4D697-5EE4-42E4-AA07-D112270A7C87.jpeg78A73F4F-86E7-4D8D-AD8E-16C1DC6884B0.jpeg7A7261D4-359A-4403-B1D3-74CB350FC480.jpeg

Not yet, but that's the plan for 2020. My wife's plan of living in Glasgow for 3 years turned into 11, so we are due a move! Our recent trip in November made us realise it's the right decision.
Good luck! I was sat in the airport in Iceland on NYD 2018 scribbling things I wanted to achieve over the next 2 years into a notebook...times nearly up and I daren't look as I suspect my hit rate was low. One of them was "move to Canada", not for any particular reason.

Good luck! I was sat in the airport in Iceland on NYD 2018 scribbling things I wanted to achieve over the next 2 years into a notebook...times nearly up and I daren't look as I suspect my hit rate was low. One of them was "move to Canada", not for any particular reason.
My wife is from Melbourne, so it's a pretty easy decision!

Back