Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

My Bowie collection:

IMG_20191114_102726.jpg

Not pictured: the American release of Station to Station, Low, Heroes, and Lodger.

Heathen and 1. Outside are probably the rarest releases I have in there. Still on the hunt for the rest of the discography, slowly but surely. His 90s output is really hard to find. Hours was only available on CD/cassette (had the casette.... still do actually) for a while but got this repress. Anyway, not too bad. I'm not super into his early period, which is why I'm missing a few from there, but I think his Berlin period is by far his strongest (including Station to Station in that).... then his early 80s output is decent, later 80s meh, 90s overall bad except for Outside, and then he had a string of really nice albums in the 2000s. Particularly Heathen and The Next Day. And Blackstar is absolutely fantastic.

Finally, if anyone has a Bowie Banc card, I want it.

Nice Bowie collection. The only studio lp I am missing is Buddha of Suburbia (plus Tin Machine). I generally have 3-4 copies of each record (the original copy I bought, the remastered boxset version plus other 1st presses etc.)

Next time I have a bit of time I should take a picture of everything and post it in the Bowie thread. Will need to be a few pictures.

Sadly I missed the MTA Bowie cards by about a week when I went to see David Bowie Is in Brooklyn. If anyone has any of them i would be willing to buy it of you.

Nice Bowie collection. The only studio lp I am missing is Buddha of Suburbia (plus Tin Machine). I generally have 3-4 copies of each record (the original copy I bought, the remastered boxset version plus other 1st presses etc.)

Next time I have a bit of time I should take a picture of everything and post it in the Bowie thread. Will need to be a few pictures.

Sadly I missed the MTA Bowie cards by about a week when I went to see David Bowie Is in Brooklyn. If anyone has any of them i would be willing to buy it of you.

Nice! I'm still missing like 6 studio lps, not counting Tin Machine. But really the only ones I care about are Black Tie White Noise, Earth, and Buddha. The early ones I could easily find, I'm just not super into them and haven't felt motivated yet.

Which version of Outside do you have? I sold off the British compilation version that was just on 1lp. I thought about keeping it for collecting purposes but eh, I have the 2lp rsd version that's nicer and complete so I decided to let it go.

Nice! I'm still missing like 6 studio lps, not counting Tin Machine. But really the only ones I care about are Black Tie White Noise, Earth, and Buddha. The early ones I could easily find, I'm just not super into them and haven't felt motivated yet.

Which version of Outside do you have? I sold off the British compilation version that was just on 1lp. I thought about keeping it for collecting purposes but eh, I have the 2lp rsd version that's nicer and complete so I decided to let it go.

I get some of the early early ones but I couldn’t see Hunky Dory in your collection and it is a masterpiece, is kinda my favourite of all of his just ahead of Low and Station to Station and miles better than Space Oddity which you do have!

I had a grey market Excerpts version that I sold last year. Now I have the coloured version that came out late last year. I think it may have been through VMP.

I find it interesting as to when someone starting getting into Bowie affects how they view the different phases of his career. If you started with the 1990s then you probably are not so keen on his 70s output.

But Joe Mac is right, you gotta get Hunky Dory. And then you need to the wonderful creepy disco mess of Diamond Dogs.

I had a grey market Excerpts version that I sold last year. Now I have the coloured version that came out late last year. I think it may have been through VMP.

I find it interesting as to when someone starting getting into Bowie affects how they view the different phases of his career. If you started with the 1990s then you probably are not so keen on his 70s output.

But Joe Mac is right, you gotta get Hunky Dory. And then you need to the wonderful creepy disco mess of Diamond Dogs.

Eh I've listened to Hunky Dory, I'm not super into it. I know I need a copy sooner or later though. I much prefer Station to Station through on to Super Creeps. But maybe I should give it another listen, I can't honestly say I've heard it in years and you know how tastes change etc. I'm spinning Outside right now, such a very weird album, very of its time. I love that Bowie had a cyberpunk phase.

I’ve listened to them plenty. It’s not from a lack of exposure that I think they’re soporific...

Well now I'm questioning your taste and am doubling down on my opinion that Hunky Dory stinks.

Seriously though I'm steaming HD now. Skipped Changes because it's overrated and overplayed, but there are some gems on here, Life on Mars? in particular always did it for me, but I don't know. I still think it's just okay.

Well now I'm questioning your taste and am doubling down on my opinion that Hunky Dory stinks.

Seriously though I'm steaming HD now. Skipped Changes because it's overrated and overplayed, but there are some gems on here, Life on Mars? in particular always did it for me, but I don't know. I still think it's just okay.

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

I mean following @Lee Newman point up there I don’t want to be the overbearing fan but seeing as you started it and pretend to like Bowie... do you have ears? You seriously don’t like Queen Bitch and that guitar solo? Changes does nothing for you? Quicksand? The Bewley Brothers? Mind officially blown!

This is that album for me that even if I’m not feeling anything I’m playing I can always put it on and it does something for me!

Last edited:
🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

I mean following @Lee Newman point up there I don’t want to be the overbearing fan but seeing as you started it and pretend to
like Bowie... do you have ears? You seriously don’t like Queen Bitch and that guitar solo? Changes does nothing for you? Quicksand? The Bewley Brothers? Mind officially blown!

This is that album for me that even if I’m not feeling anything I’m playing I can always put it on and it does something for me!

I like Hunky Dory, Joe.

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

I mean following @Lee Newman point up there I don’t want to be the overbearing fan but seeing as you started it and pretend to
like Bowie... do you have ears? You seriously don’t like Queen Bitch and that guitar solo? Changes does nothing for you? Quicksand? The Bewley Brothers? Mind officially blown!

Queen Bitch is fine. Life on Mars? is good. Overall it sounds like what it is: a record still doing the 60s rock thing but not quite coming up into the modern 70s era.

Changes was probably a good song when I first heard it but now it's just annoying.

Back