Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

I plowed straight through with Discogs. Everything, all genres. The only things are the Soul Slab boxes and a few other box sets off on their own.

I mean Discogs order is a pure chemical distillation of the essence of evil but I agree with no separation by genre, only compilations and soundtracks are taken out from the other albums.

I mean Discogs order is a pure chemical distillation of the essence of evil but I agree with no separation by genre, only compilations and soundtracks are taken out from the other albums.
I'm with you, but this poses a soon to be problem. I'm working on my "Frankenstein" project for the two systems, but I'm also picking up another Kallax, 3 x 4, and don't know how I want to separate things. My first initial thought was pull out Jazz/Blue/Soul and maybe soundtracks into the new unit, but I'm still pondering, lol

I'm with you, but this poses a soon to be problem. I'm working on my "Frankenstein" project for the two systems, but I'm also picking up another Kallax, 3 x 4, and don't know how I want to separate things. My first initial thought was pull out Jazz/Blue/Soul and maybe soundtracks into the new unit, but I'm still pondering, lol

I think I’ll just keep expanding into new units in a mass of A-Z, I actually find it easier to navigate than split into genre, I just need to know which letter to go to and there is no navel gazing about what genre such and such an album is!

I think I’ll just keep expanding into new units in a mass of A-Z, I actually find it easier to navigate than split into genre, I just need to know which letter to go to and there is no navel gazing about what genre such and such an album is!
Ya, if they were side by side, I'm all in on continuing with the current A-Z.........but it's going to be on a different wall. Although my OCD may kick in and force the A-Z, lol

Ya, if they were side by side, I'm all in on continuing with the current A-Z.........but it's going to be on a different wall. Although my OCD may kick in and force the A-Z, lol

Yeah I have 2 2x4 on one wall and a third on the opposite side of the room. I still have 2 empty cubes in the 2, and the 3rd is full of supplies for now, but I’ll be continuing the A-Z over to it when the time comes!

Yeah I have 2 2x4 on one wall and a third on the opposite side of the room. I still have 2 empty cubes in the 2, and the 3rd is full of supplies for now, but I’ll be continuing the A-Z over to it when the time comes!
I think once everything is up and we start moving albums around the choice will present itself.

...............knows damn well it's going to be A-Z continued across the room 😋

A few years back I subdivided everything into various sections. Works so much better for me.

But, the best way to organize is whatever way makes it easiest for you to derive the most pleasure from your collection. And that can change over time as the collection grows and your preferences change. All good.

I seperated Jazz out for my wife’s sanity. Classical because on vinyl it is a mood thing. Holidays because obvious. Having the 4x4 in another room meant this was just easier when it was all said and done when that time came anyhow.
No I don’t have too many records. Unless you are at @Yer Ol' Uncle D levels, you don’t have enough!!!!

I seperated Jazz out for my wife’s sanity. Classical because on vinyl it is a mood thing. Holidays because obvious. Having the 4x4 in another room meant this was just easier when it was all said and done when that time came anyhow.
No I don’t have too many records. Unless you are at @Yer Ol' Uncle D levels, you don’t have enough!!!!

To paraphrase Randy Moss -

"Straight Discogs, homey."

And I'm sure there are folks here with collections larger than mine.

A few years back I subdivided everything into various sections. Works so much better for me.

But, the best way to organize is whatever way makes it easiest for you to derive the most pleasure from your collection. And that can change over time as the collection grows and your preferences change. All good.

If I remember rightly you have collection of a size that separation is a necessity, I’m not there yet...

Back