June 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: 🌈☀️Holidaze 🎶🪐

Interesting new tidbit pertaining to yesterday's challenge. Earth apparently has a new named Ocean.

1623254910218.png

To read the whole article, it asks for you email. You may get a fake temp email from a place like this: https://temp-mail.org/en/

giphy.gif

Day 09: National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day -Personally, I like plain rhubarb pie better. Though I would not refuse a slice of pie. 🥧
86DF5281-94FE-49AB-813F-C0823614FC24.gif

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
38DD8BC1-2ADE-49C0-AFDA-006E4FB63217.jpeg

I think it’d be safe to assume that there is some sort of Strawberry Jam or preserves in a strawberry rhubarb pie. All I really know is I am a “Pie > Cake” kind of guy.

Day 9 - Donald Duck Day - Happy Birthday, Donald. 🦆

Otis Redding - Otis Blue

Donald "Duck" Dunn was a member of Booker T & The MG's and a member of the Stax house band. He was a major contributor to the Stax sound and success, and played bass on this entire album.

My first thought was Donald Duck Dunn but ima play a different album

Day 7 VCR Day.

what goes inside a vcr? Well, that would be a videotape.

I was completely stumped on this theme and had no idea what to play until today when I was watching Big Bang Theory. Penny asked Sheldon if he knew who Radiohead was.
Oh, I want to listen to Radiohead...I want to listen to In Rainbows. Oh, In Rainbows has a song called videotape....yyyyyeeeeaaahhhhh

Radiohead - In Rainbows

31DA2210-919B-4602-8F62-E9020190133E.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 8 Best friends day!!

my best friend has the same favorite band as I and we built our friendship around this band.

You see...9 years ago I had this genius idea to follow my favorite band around the country and see a bunch of shows one summer. I got to talking on a forum and found another guy who had that same great idea. Hey man, if you are going out alone and so am I how about we team up and do this thing together? We talked over the next few weeks and decided this would be a fun thing to do. So on June 5th 2012 I embarked on a 4 week long trip with a guy I barely knew to see 14 shows from a band we both love. February 2022 he will be the best man at my wedding and we owe it all to this band. Sorry for the long story.

Phish - Story of the Ghost

64341121-619F-4D6B-B35C-4B2648AEFC6A.jpeg

Day 8 Best friends day!!

my best friend has the same favorite band as I and we built our friendship around this band.

You see...9 years ago I had this genius idea to follow my favorite band around the country and see a bunch of shows one summer. I got to talking on a forum and found another guy who had that same great idea. Hey man, if you are going out alone and so am I how about we team up and do this thing together? We talked over the next few weeks and decided this would be a fun thing to do. So on June 5th 2012 I embarked on a 4 week long trip with a guy I barely knew to see 14 shows from a band we both love. February 2022 he will be the best man at my wedding and we owe it all to this band. Sorry for the long story.

Phish - Story of the Ghost

View attachment 102049
That's an awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Day 8 (again) World ocean day.

I am going to double dip on today because I didn’t realize at first they were both on the same day and I really want to play this. If someone hasn’t played yet and wants to use it I’ll allow it (like I make the rules..haha)

Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over The Sea

this is one of those albums that took me listening to it on a record before it finally clicked for me and now I love it

8F9EE621-D50B-47A3-8C34-C376C69A3AFD.jpeg

Day 7

VHS

somewhere I have the vhs of Closure because once upon a time, believe it or not, Nine Inch Nails was my favorite band.

View attachment 101859
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

Since Lee took my pick I need to find something else...

I also have the iso's of the DVD's that were prepared for release...but never released. This ended up on Pirate Bay back in the day. Probably leaked by Trent himself...

"12/21/06 : Happy Holidays! This one is a guilt-free download. (shhhh - I didn't say that out loud). If you know what I'm talking about, cool. "This was later alluded to by Reznor, tongue-in cheek, during an interview: "A couple of years ago around this time of year, somebody must have broken into my personal files and uploaded onto a torrent site the entire DVD of Closure[...] So that basically means that it doesn't need to come out on DVD anymore

20210609_193023 (2).jpg

June 7

VCR Day

The only other music related VHS tape I have is Marilyn Manson...and I really don't feel like playing him right now....so I'm going with these.

My 3 favorite MST3K movies - Mitchell, Space Mutiny, and Final Sacrifice - (AKA Quest for the Lost City)

Mystery Science Theater 3000 ‎– The Complete Clowns In The Sky
Shout! Factory ‎– SF 20355, 2019

Limited Edition Complication

hQWYXI.jpg

MtmBxW.jpg

I2esFJ.jpg

Soory Canadians that are here... ;)

The Canada Song was on the Final Sacrifice episode.

Back