I could have chose VCR day...

View attachment 101813

But, I wanted to wish @sarcasticfairyprincess a happy birthday! - 🤭 🐭

Modest Mouse - Strangers To Ourselves

View attachment 101814
June 7
@sarcasticfairyprincess birthday! - 🤭 🐭

Modest Mouse - Night on the Sun

Happy birthday! I thought you'd appreciate me spinning a deeper cut from their discography for this special occasion.

View attachment 101836
June 7 - Happy Birthday @sarcasticfairyprincess !!

Modest Mouse - Poison the Well

View attachment 101846
I am so very pleased.

Day 08: Best Friends Day
What is your best friend's favorite band? 👬👭

LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
D76EEB32-49F3-4728-87B1-DC3BD845C1FA.jpeg
Yeah, it’s a bit cliché for me, as a Millennial; to get a bit sentimental when “All Of My Friends” is playing. Not always, but if you inject the right amount of booze and contemplation into the mix I am sure to get a bit glassy eyed. The song has such a profound effect on me and I don’t even know if it makes me happy or sad, it’s a weird mixture of both at the same time. It’s connected to both a time in my mid-twenties where I had little responsibility and a lot of fun making poor decision and enjoying life with my friends in a very visceral way but also the song is coming from a place of nostalgic reverie, it’s about looking back. It’s about trying to figure your shit out and realizing all the fun moments you had while doing so have passed and aren’t ever coming back. All this to say like many my age, I miss my friends but also cherish the times we shared together. I wouldn’t trade one stupid decision for another five years of life.

What’s that? Am I crying?

No, of course not that would be silly.

…I’ve just got a bit of dust in my eye.

Day 8: Best Friends Day

When my youngest daughter started 3rd grade, she made a friend with a new girl at the school. A few weeks later I got to talking to her mom about music, and she recommended this album, which was way out of my normal listening at the time. Our kids are graduating from 8th grade next week, are still best friends, and her parents are ours as well. We've seen Sylvan Esso together a few times since (plus a ton of other shows) and are constantly recommending music & shows to one another. You can get so wrapped up in adulthood/parenthood that you forget how important music and the arts can be, so I'm thankful that this friendship has rekindled that for us.

Sylvan Esso ~ Sylvan Esso

1623174770112.png

June 8th - Oceans Rule

I'll go on the nose with today's...glad I got to spin it.

Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide to Earth

View attachment 101919
giphy.gif

World Ocean Day - The ocean makes up 71% of the surface area of the earth. Let's appreciate it today! 🗺️
I know I don't have to do this, but since we had a double spin at almost the same time for yesterday's ocean theme, here is a different spin. It's a guy in a boat on blue water.

I also failed to tag National Oceans Month, and since I don't know what I'm doing most of the time...

Brad Sucks - I Don't Know What I'm Doing

PXL_20210609_115615008.jpg

Day 9 - Donald Duck Day - Happy Birthday, Donald. 🦆

Otis Redding - Otis Blue

Donald "Duck" Dunn was a member of Booker T & The MG's and a member of the Stax house band. He was a major contributor to the Stax sound and success, and played bass on this entire album.

Back