June 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: 🌈☀️Holidaze 🎶🪐

June 6
D-Day, WWII - "Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is will trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely." D. Eisenhower

D-day
Desmond Dekker & The Aces ‎– Action!

So this may not have anything to do with the actual D-day, but Desmond Decker starts with the letter "D," Aces can also refer to Ace pilots that flew into D-day, and there was of course a lot of action that day. I'm also feeling the reggae vibe today.

PXL_20210606_184553338.jpg

Day 6 - D-Day, WWII - "Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is will trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely." D. Eisenhower

Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

During this speech Eisenhower was trying to deliver the same message as Rage: "Know Your Enemy"

Day 6 - World Pest Day

Insects make me scream and shout
They don't know what life's about
They don't have blood
They've got too many legs
They don't have brains in their heads
They know they'll rule the world some day
They bite and sting me anyway

Oingo Boingo ~ Nothing to Fear (Plus the New version of Insects on Danny's solo album, due out next friday!)

1623016475697.png

June 6
D-Day, WWII - "Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is will trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely." D. Eisenhower

Kishi Bashi - Sonderlust

My grandpa was from Canada, and was in the Royal Canadian Air Force during WWII. He wasn't there on D-Day, but he made sure to tell us decades later about how Canadian forces were there (and had been in Europe since the time the UK declared war), facing fierce opposition from German forces on a beach code-named Juno. Some of the troops that landed at Juno Beach made it farther inland than any other land-based group on D-Day.

This album has a song called "Can't Let Go, Juno," which has nothing to do with the beach, or D-Day, but the name...

20210606_151640.jpg

Last edited:
June 7 VCR Day

As you'd likely expect from an old curmudgeon like myself, I have hundreds of hours of music on VHS.

Most are live performances - some bootleg, some TV compilations. I probably have 30 hours of musical performances from Late Night With David Letterman I amassed during the 90s. Yep, I'm a weirdo.

Here's an official release, recorded on the smokin' Suffer tour...

Bad Religion - Suffer

20210606_235116.jpg20210606_235144.jpg

June 7National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - We all scream for ice cream! 🍦🍨 .... again, because it's so good 🤷‍♀️
AND
June 7 VCR Day - We like vintage stuff, have any old VCR tapes of music? 📼

Duran Duran "Rio" (1982 Capitol/EMI; 2014 Parlophone expanded reissue)

1) "Cherry ice cream smile, I suppose it's very nice" - Rio
2) Duran Duran were the kings of early 80's music videos. A young Turbo meticulously assembled many music video tapes, including an all- Duran Duran tape. I fondly remember those after school music video shows where I'd wait at the ready to press record if something awesome came along.

IMG_1535.JPG

Day 07: VCR Day
We like vintage stuff, have any old VCR tapes of music? 📼
The XX - XX
191A3112-E664-421C-9B7F-B2802A5522EB.gif
I know “VCR” is pretty on the nose but I haven’t listened to this album in years.

Also, I am sure you’re out in the real world making poor decisions today (as you should) but I hope you have wonderful birthday nonetheless @sarcasticfairyprincess cheers!

Back