June 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: 🌈☀️Holidaze 🎶🪐

June 8

Don't really have a "best friend" so I'm going with...

World Ocean Day

John Williams ‎– Jaws (Music From The Motion Picture)

Mondo ‎– MOND-115, 2000/2017

This is a reissue of the original music in the film, the original 1975 score release is a re-recording...they seemed to do this a lot for score releases around this time.

2x45 RPM

Ocean Blue variant

Pressed at GZ

UHOZmK.jpg

ROcH2n.jpg

Day 9 - Donald Duck Day - Happy Birthday, Donald.

Like @Yer Ol' Uncle D , my mind immediately went to Donald "Duck" Dunn. You might also know him from his bass work with these brothers from Chicago, via Joliet.

Blues Brothers ~ Briefcase Full Of Blues

View attachment 101990

While I actually got behind and haven't posted for this day yet, your Kreskin skills are on point as Duck Dunn is exactly where I was going...

Booker T and The MG's - McLemore Avenue

20201124_010617.jpg

June 9
Donald Duck Day -

I too was going to go with Donald "Duck" Dunn...but since it's been done a few times I'll go with something else.

I'm more of a Bugs Bunny fan...

The Residents ‎– Duck Stab / Buster & Glen
Ralph Records ‎– RR0278, 1978

2nd pressing with yellow boxes

The Duck Stab side of this LP was originally released as a 7" EP

Pressed at Alshire Custom Products

o41cFb.jpg

I0mVab.jpg

Donald Duck Day

June Tyson - Saturnian Queen Of The Sun Ra Arkestra
20210609_223354.jpg

When I saw Donald Duck Day listed I immediately regretted not yet picking up a vinyl copy of Stay Awake: Various Interpretations of Music from Vintage Disney Films, as it would very much be a perfect release for today. Fortunately, however, this compilation celebrating the amazing June Tyson happens to feature a Disney, ergo Donald Duck, connection with its inclusion of a previously unreleased rendition of Peter Pan's "Never Never Land."

Sun Ra loved Disney tunes and I really hope we get a solid collection of Arkestra Disney released one day.

[edit: formatting]

Last edited:
Day 10 - Iced Tea Day - Hot summer days and ice tea... 🧋

Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material

"You can't be everybody's cup of tea
Some like it bitter, some like it sweet
Nobody's everybody's favorite
So you might as well just make it how you please
'Cause you can't be everybody's cup of tea"

While I actually got behind and haven't posted for this day yet, your Kreskin skills are on point as Duck Dunn is exactly where I was going...

Booker T and The MG's - McLemore Avenue

View attachment 102077

I'm glad I didn't go with my second choice, Disco Duck. I doubt my Kreskin skills would have held up with that one.

June 10
Herb and Spices Day
- In this time, the most precious substance in the Universe is the spice melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.

Toto ‎– Dune (Original Soundtrack Recording)
Music On Vinyl ‎– MOVLP1065, 1984/2014

Pressed at Record Industry

f7iSpQ.jpg

wm3prf.jpg

Looking forward to the new movie....and the Arrow 4K release of the Lynch version. I've never read the books, and since I grew up with this movie, I've always liked it.

Screenshot 2021-06-10 224348.JPG

June 11
National Corn on the Cob Day

We really don't get a lot of corn on the cob here in Oregon like when I lived in Illinois, I can't even remember the last time I had some.

And I don't wear flip-flops.

Korn ‎– Follow The Leader
Music On Vinyl/Immortal Records/Epic ‎– MOVLP667, 1998/2014

Repress of the original 1998 European pressing
Numbered/Limited to 2000 on gold vinyl, #588

Pressed at Record Industry

qTAZrb.jpg

sgbvce.jpg

Back