Jazz

Did you have a recent Interplay OJC? I was thinking of looking for an earlier 80’s OJC release if available! I’ll keep an eye out on eBay, I’ve criminally underutilized it as a tool for vinyl deals. The bidding aspect always frustrates me lol. I’ll give Quintessential a listen tonight, thanks!
The Interplay is a recent press. You should be fine with an 80s OJC

If anyone on here likes Greg Foat, Jazzman have a 10th anniversary release of dark is the sun:

If anyone on here likes Greg Foat, Jazzman have a 10th anniversary release of dark is the sun:

Hampshire and Foat - Galaxies Like Grains of Sands is one of my favorite discoveries in the past year or so. I'll have to check this one out too.

Enjoying this track from Myele Manzanza's upcoming project.
Really liked his A Love Requited release from 2019 - Check it out if you haven't already...

Thought I would share a new arrival today.

Some of you might have seen the Tubby Hayes documentary, 'Tubby Hayes - A Man in a Hurry', from 2015 which was produced by Mark Baxter. With all the research that took place for the film left Mark with a ton of Tubby Hayes paraphernalia, including posters, photos, handwritten notes, letter, booklets, etc. He collated these into a book, with this copy being the softback book signed and limited to just 100 copies. The first hardback release sold out instantly and I believe there are just a few copies of this one left. Its a fantastic book which is almost like a scrapbook/photo essay of all things Tubby. My only niggle is that the black and white printing is a bit on the dark side and could have benefitted from a lighter, or colour, print.

IMG_8883.JPG
IMG_8884.jpg
IMG_8885.jpg

Cross post from Pre-Orders:

Seems like Bandcamp is the cheapest route for folks in the US by a few dollars. Total came to about $84 for the box for me. I probably pulled the trigger too soon and it’s probably going to find a distributor somewhere in the States but it’s one of my favorite Sun Ra albums. Anyway, 45 RPM 2xLP with the other two records as alternate versions of the proper album. Wonder what the mastering will look like? I don’t see too much info on that though Strut does a good job with the Sun Ra stuff.

Seems like Bandcamp is the cheapest route for folks in the US by a few dollars. Total came to about $84 for the box for me. I probably pulled the trigger too soon and it’s probably going to find a distributor somewhere in the States but it’s one of my favorite Sun Ra albums. Anyway, 45 RPM 2xLP with the other two records as alternate versions of the proper album. Wonder what the mastering will look like? I don’t see too much info on that though Strut does a good job with the Sun Ra stuff.

a 1LP 33 is available from VMP too. I bet other places will carry a 1LP version too.

I'm tempted by this, straight fire!

I'm tempted by this, straight fire!
I decided on the box in the end @Andy. Its a bit more than the VMP release but I figured that its going to be the 'definitive' release (its all the material after all) plus I think it will sound great on 45rpm. Came to £47.55 which I didnt think was too bad really for a 4-lp set with a booklet and a box.

I decided on the box in the end @Andy. Its a bit more than the VMP release but I figured that its going to be the 'definitive' release (its all the material after all) plus I think it will sound great on 45rpm. Came to £47.55 which I didnt think was too bad really for a 4-lp set with a booklet and a box.

I probably won't hold out for long. By the time I've had some food & glass of wine I will have convinced myself that I may as well buy it now.

Did you got through Strut, or Bandcamp?

I probably won't hold out for long. By the time I've had some food & glass of wine I will have convinced myself that I may as well buy it now.

Did you got through Strut, or Bandcamp?
I went through Strut's (K7) store because it was showing in Euros through Bandcamp. Had another look and it appears to convert to the same amount, but postage is a couple quid more. Plus I had a K7 account anyway.

I was waiting for Jazz In Britain to spill the beans but seeing as they have shared it on their Facebook now I will share here.

The next release looks to be the Mike Taylor Quartet - Mandela. Subscribers had an early listen to the full LP earlier and it is FANTASTIC!
JIB responded to my comment about an LP release as well and while Friday will be a CD only, the LP will be released later in the year!

@Skalap @Andy @Russ I @POGunter @NoFunAtAll and anyone else I missed!

0023925142_10.jpg

I went through Strut's (K7) store because it was showing in Euros through Bandcamp. Had another look and it appears to convert to the same amount, but postage is a couple quid more. Plus I had a K7 account anyway.

Didn't even wait for my dinner, placed an order with Strut.

I was waiting for Jazz In Britain to spill the beans but seeing as they have shared it on their Facebook now I will share here.

The next release looks to be the Mike Taylor Quartet - Mandela. Subscribers had an early listen to the full LP earlier and it is FANTASTIC!
JIB responded to my comment about an LP release as well and while Friday will be a CD only, the LP will be released later in the year!

@Skalap @Andy @Russ I @POGunter @NoFunAtAll and anyone else I missed!

View attachment 90320

Folks in the US, here's the Dusty Grooves page for it: Mike Taylor : Mandala (LP, Vinyl record album)

Not available to preorder or anything yet, but I'm keeping an eye out!

DG also has Black White & Raga for sale from JiB, and I gotta say, it's pretty great. Listened to it earlier today, worth checking out.

Think I will wait to see if this makes it to a US retailer in the near future! Doesn't appear to be limited so I'm guessing it will.

When I looked earlier the Sun Ra was sold out through Strut direct. I was able to grab it on Bandcamp though.

Very stoked to see that Mike Taylor coming on LP. Buying online with Dusty is so challenging, things sell SO fast. Even being in Chicago doesn't help with how many people seem to just refresh their site all day and night.

When I looked earlier the Sun Ra was sold out through Strut direct. I was able to grab it on Bandcamp though.

Very stoked to see that Mike Taylor coming on LP. Buying online with Dusty is so challenging, things sell SO fast. Even being in Chicago doesn't help with how many people seem to just refresh their site all day and night.
Just remember that the one popping up on Friday will be the CD version.

JIB said it is the reverse of their 'Blue Beginnings' release, this time being the CD first then vinyl later on in the year.

Back