Jazz

More jazz news! Leon Brichard has teased a new Wildflower album, their 3rd to date!

Wildflower were the last group I saw live before COVID hit and they were incredible. I actually had the group sign my white label copy of Wildflower 2 which was cool. I love the music these guys make and im sure this will be another belter!

IMG_8604.jpg

looks like the wildflower is titled outtakes. hopefully its up to the level of quality of the first two. the first wildflower is may favorite release of the modern UK jazz explosion.

looks like the wildflower is titled outtakes. hopefully its up to the level of quality of the first two. the first wildflower is may favorite release of the modern UK jazz explosion.
Ooooh where have you seen the title? Leon hinted that it will be released June/July which is exciting. Im looking forward to it, I think their previous albums are amongst my favourites as well!

Ah my bad! Cheers, my eyes clearly aren't as sharp as yours!
I suppose it could just be a random sleeve, but makes me wonder. I will still definitely purchase though based on my love for 1 and 2. I do have to say my copy of 2 was one of the worst shipped records I have ever received. Super weak mailer, no support pads or even bubble wrap. It made it to the US with only minor warp though and plays ok.

Found where to get that Ryo Fukui Live album dropping in March.

Found where to get that Ryo Fukui Live album dropping in March.

Yes! Thank you so much.

Actively listening to Sarah Vaughn from the Acoustic Sounds Series.

This is unbelievably great. (All the titles from the series I've gotten have been outstanding, but this one really stands out.)

And pairs really well with a nice 20 year old Port I found in the wine rack.
Lol, that's fun, jazz and wine pairings.
I like to pair my jazz with painting. I find that jazz helps me get into the right head space to create.

Good morning. I picked up these two at @carolinasoul yesterday. Both are not obvious titles (though maybe they are to some people on this expert thread). Both feature amazing lineups (Timmons LP has Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, and Jimmy Cobb, produced by RVG!). Highly recommend, and the Farrell LP can be had for a relatively low price.

IMG_9624.jpg

Good morning. I picked up these two at @carolinasoul yesterday. Both are not obvious titles (though maybe they are to some people on this expert thread). Both feature amazing lineups (Timmons LP has Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, and Jimmy Cobb, produced by RVG!). Highly recommend, and the Farrell LP can be had for a relatively low price.

View attachment 89746
Carolina Soul is a dangerous place (for my wallet) I avoid.

I used to get lots of deals from their eBay auctions. Nowadays, it’s practically impossible to get deals from it! Their auctions became real popular. I’m always amazed at how much good stuff they list.
Even as an international, Carolina Soul's ebay auctions used to be a great way to get incredible records at a decent price. I used to hold back on buying for a few weeks and buy a load from their ebay. Really great guys to talk to and they would always combine 'wins' and look for the cheapest way to get them to me. Nowadays it seems like a lot more people have turned on to them and they tend to go for high-end prices as a result.

Certainly @carolinasoul Ebay auctions are often out of my price range but I've found lots of great deals in-store, and as you know since you're in the local area too, the store inventory is separate from Ebay or discogs.
Yeah, but I’ve never been in there when it would not have been super easy to drop a couple grand.

Just one more tidbit about @carolinasoul, esp since my original post was actually more about the two sleeper albums I found there.

Their Ebay listings are 95% on consignment. Yesterday I remarked to the owner that they had just had just had an amazing auction (the one with the Lester Young acetates and other amazing rare jazz titles). He agreed, and when I said the prices got too high and I was outbid, he said, "Yeah, me too. I bid on a few things too and didn't win either."

Back