Jazz

Man, I’m torn. Do I take the leap and buy Makaya’s In The Moment Deluxe Edition or finally get my hands on AP’s Dave Brubeck Time Out 33RPM. I’m just paranoid that it’s going to go out of print by the time I get around to it next month if I choose to opt for Makaya. That’s probably a totally irrational fear lol but that’s how I work. What do you guys think? Never heard In The Moment before this week but fuck I’m enthralled and that’s a beautiful package.

Man, I’m torn. Do I take the leap and buy Makaya’s In The Moment Deluxe Edition or finally get my hands on AP’s Dave Brubeck Time Out 33RPM. I’m just paranoid that it’s going to go out of print by the time I get around to it next month if I choose to opt for Makaya. That’s probably a totally irrational fear lol but that’s how I work. What do you guys think? Never heard In The Moment before this week but fuck I’m enthralled and that’s a beautiful package.

Let someone purchase a copy for you and buy it as soon as you've got the money - would be a nice Christmas present. ;)

Let someone purchase a copy for you and buy it as soon as you've got the money - would be a nice Christmas present. ;)
Well that would be a nice deed! Any takers? Feel it’s a lot to ask but would be highly appreciated. I would like to get the Makaya over Brubeck this month, feel like there’s a better chance of disappearing this month.

I don't know if this helps, but I've got that Brubeck and it sounds 👌

My Live November is looking insanely good now. I have:

National Youth Jazz Orchestra w/ Yazz Ahmed and Laura Yurd performing a reimagining of Mary Lou Williams' 1945 Zodiac Suite
Joe McPhee supported by Ill Considered
Angel Bat Dawid
Makaya McCraven

and I've just booked in Anthony Braxton for January and Nat Birchall for next April. Gonna have to stop buying as many records to cover all these but that's OK.

National Youth Jazz Orchestra w/ Yazz Ahmed and Laura Yurd performing a reimagining of Mary Lou Williams' 1945 Zodiac Suite
Angel Bat Dawid
Makaya McCraven

and I've just booked in Anthony Braxton for January and Nat Birchall for next April. Gonna have to stop buying as many records to cover all these but that's OK.
That's super exciting, such a great line up! I was THIS close to getting tickets for the restaurant at the Joe McPhee/Ill Considered gig, I kind of regret it now.

I have a handful of live gigs between now and Christmas:
Waterloo Hidden Jazz Club at the end of october (theres a chance it might be Binker Golding - espeically with his new album being out)
Herbie Hancock at the Barbican in mid-November
Kishi Bashi at Omeara in the end of November (not jazz I know)
The Comet Is Coming in the beginning of December

Worth mentioning to my UK pals that super early bird tickets are available for next years Cross The Tracks festival. Its a bargain for the price (IMO not really worth the extra cost for VIP, its just a secluded area with a private bar for VIP's and a DJ set) and was one of the highlights of my summer. We saw:
The Comet Is Coming
Nubya Garcia
Joe-Armon Jones & Maxwell Owin
Oscar Jerome
Jordan Rakei
Maisha
etc

Brubeck will always get a reissue somewhere down the line. Life is long.

McPhee , Brixton And Birchall, these will be fondly looked back on I think, it’s great that you’re seeing some of these masters !

Angel Bat Dawid
Makaya McCraven

Are the AEOC in London sometime soon as well ?@ Mr Moore

they are and I’m slightly gutted, it’s on the evening of my youngest lad’s birthday sleepover party so I won’t be making that one. Hoping old Roscoe can hold out for one more tour!

I did spend a minute trying to convince Mrs Moore that the kids might actually like the dancing and face paint aspects. She gave me ‘the look’ that told me to let it go.

I think they would seriously get into it. You know they’d let the kids play that percussion set up. They could conduct all the kids in a mass improv.

Art Blakey would have been 100 last week. NPR did a nice little (short) feature on him - including some old interview clips and a reflection on Blakey's lasting legacy by the mighty Wayne Shorter.

Back