Jazz

This has got to be a joke? £85.

The 3lp Rollins In Holland was £69 from Rough Trade last year and even though I bought it I felt like a complete mug for paying that.
That's strange. Zia has the RSD Bill Evans listed for $59.99 this year for the 3xLP. The local I go to for RSD will probably sell it for $80 though, because they always gouge a little bit.

Maybe the issue, is it's pressed in the US at RTI, and they have to import them to the UK? But I have no clue why in the UK it'd be $40 more expensive.

A smaller print run than their "small batch," but not a lot of information about source/mastering. Even so, I'm game.

If you are in the US and interested in this Don Rendell/Ian Carr title from Jazz in Britain, Dusty Groove has it in stock:

This seems like a pointless release. What’s appealing about this set?

I agree. Does seem pointless.
I should check with you guys for every purchase I think about making. Might save myself some money! ;)

Some additional info about the release (from uDiscover website): "The collection is produced by Nick Phillips, mastered by the Grammy-winning engineer Paul Blakemore, with lacquers cut by Clint Holley at Well Made Music. Another Side of John Coltrane also includes new liner notes by the award-winning journalist, author, and Jazz Journalists Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Doug Ramsey."

I like what I've heard of Coltrane's work as a sideman. This set promises to collect that work from a period I expect to be in line with my tastes. That's my point.

I should check with you guys for every purchase I think about making. Might save myself some money! ;)

Some additional info about the release (from uDiscover website): "The collection is produced by Nick Phillips, mastered by the Grammy-winning engineer Paul Blakemore, with lacquers cut by Clint Holley at Well Made Music. Another Side of John Coltrane also includes new liner notes by the award-winning journalist, author, and Jazz Journalists Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Doug Ramsey."

I like what I've heard of Coltrane's work as a sideman. This set promises to collect that work from a period I expect to be in line with my tastes. That's my point.

I’m not a completionist by any stretch. I’m picky with artists like Coltrane and Miles when they have a huge legacy. one or two albums per period is enough. Time and attention are two limited commodities in my life.

According to Craft (as posted on reddit):

This one was pressed at Noiseland, was mastered by Paul Blakemore at CMG Mastering, and Clint Holley at Well Made Music cut the lacquers. The audio came from high-res (192/24) digital, sourced from the original analog. we try to go the AAA-route whenever possible, but on compilations like this (which are sourced from various other releases), we can't cut up original masters and re-splice everything back together in analog to match the sequence of the compilation.

Friends, I wont be able to attend RSD this year, will be hiking in Sequoia national park. Is anyone here partaking that could swipe me a Quiet Kenny potentially? Are RSD titles typically limited to 1 per customer?

If you are in the US and interested in this Don Rendell/Ian Carr title from Jazz in Britain, Dusty Groove has it in stock:

Just pulled the trigger on this. Streamed the track Shades of Blue on Spotify and that paired with some lovely album art was enough for me to justify the purchase. Excited to get my hands on, looks beautiful.

Just pulled the trigger on this. Streamed the track Shades of Blue on Spotify and that paired with some lovely album art was enough for me to justify the purchase. Excited to get my hands on, looks beautiful.
Interesting that this appears to have the same track list as Shades of Blue, though I guess this one (Blue Beginnings) is from a live performance.

Back